Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to wait in the car for over an hour every week so keep radio on, Freelander would switch off once or twice but DS got really stroppy and kept switching off and in the end insisted would close down in 3 minutes, maybe I flattened the battery a bit messing about? I think switching screen off might help, anyone else found this (my only problem so far).

·
Registered
37 Posts
I found this too tonight - there must be a setting somewhere that extends it. Time for the manual I suppose. Proper blokes aren't supposed to need to read instructions........I feel such a failure... :oops:

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Twobar said:
I found this too tonight - there must be a setting somewhere that extends it. Time for the manual I suppose. Proper blokes aren't supposed to need to read instructions........I feel such a failure... :oops:
There are support groups available, :lol:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Agree this is a pain to keep switching back on. Please do post here if you find how to extend to save us the humiliation of having to read the manual ourselves. :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Have you got the car in Eco mode? just a thought.....

·
Registered
86 Posts
not in eco mode, cannot find anything in the manual so far. (cannot set off later Chris, think chauffeur mode).

·
Registered
86 Posts
it lasts longer if you follow this procedure:-
Switch off ignition.
Switch on radio with dash button.
Switch off screen.
It lasted a few tracks but I didn't have time for extended test.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Can't find any mention of varying the switch off time, it did come up energy management going to switch off, but so far I cannot find energy management in any settings.
On the D3 you used to hold your figure on the screen and press a few keys to get the hidden set up menu up, it will be on there I think.

·
Registered
86 Posts
its lasting about 10 minutes at a time using the method I posted and after a hour had not gone into Red Dwarf "computer switching off now" mode, so not so bad. Next time i'm in LR i'll ask if anybody has any ideas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts