Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
This forum is all new to me, but I hope it will develop over the years and give me lots of information on my future vehicle. I ordered a Disco Sport HSE SD4 - Blue, 5 Seat, Auto in June and delivery is expected the first week of December here in Australia.

This vehicle comes standard with the 11 speaker radio system, does anybody know what brand this standard radio is?
This is NOT the Meridian upgrade or the DAB unit.

Thanks in advance, s5156

·
Registered
677 Posts
It's just classed as Land Rover audio with DAB. At one point I think it used to be Alpine audio in the Fl2s.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
thanks for your reply but in Australia we have a few options to choose from as detailed below, as far as I can find out from our spec sheets there is NO DAB on the CODE: 025KM model (See 1 below), this is the one I'd like to know about if possible.

1) This is the one fitted in my vehicle SD4 HSE 5 Seat (not the Luxury version).
Land Rover Audio System - 11 Speakers, 250W output, 10 speakers plus sub, 8 channels - CODE: 025KM

Both of these (2 and 3) are offered as options in Australia but the cost is $4,500 for Option 016AC and $7,000 for Option 016AJ - As there are only 2 of us, no kids etc. and you can't see the rear seat screens etc whilst driving, it seemed like a waste of money to choose either of these options especially at these "jinormous" prices!

2) Entertainment Pack - Optional - CODE: 016AC
Meridian Surround Sound Audio System with 17 Speakers
Television
Touch Screen with Dual View Technology
Hard Disk Navigation System
Digital Audio Broadcast Radio (DAB)
Note: Meridian Surround Sound Audio System with 17 Speakers, Hard Disk Navigation System and Digital Audio Broadcasting (DAB) is already standard equipment on SD4 HSE Luxury

3) Entertainment Pack inc RSE - Optional CODE: 016AJ
Meridian Surround Sound Audio System with 17 Speakers
Television
Hard Disk Navigation System
Rear Seat Entertainment
Note: Meridian Surround Sound Audio System with 17 Speakers, Hard Disk Navigation System and Digital Audio Broadcasting (DAB) is already standard equipment on SD4 HSE Luxury

Cheers, many thanks, David

·
Registered
149 Posts
J77 said:
It's just classed as Land Rover audio with DAB. At one point I think it used to be Alpine audio in the Fl2s.
I remember FL2 was the only Land/Range Rover car using an Alpine system.
But I don't remember which brand the bigger brothers used. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
philn said:
Hi S5156

In the UK DAB radio is standard on all models. Ask your dealer if it comes in Australia without the meridian system.
I have the AU specs booklet that the dealer gave me that I used to build my own.
In AU the DAB radio is code 025JB and is a $540 (ex GST) add on to everything except the HSE LUX. (p8 for anyone with the booklet)

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.