Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I currently have a D4 XS (2012) which we are delighted with (save for the emissions and fuel cost but then we went in with eyes open on those issues).

We would seriously consider a Discovery Sport to replace the D4 but certainly not the first incarnation which I believe will have the "old" 2.2 diesel engine from the Freelander. To me, it is not a "new" model if it doesn't have an entirely new engine. Maybe that's harsh or unreasonable but I doubt many folk would describe that engine as state of the art.

I am not suire what other engines are in the pipeline for say later in 2015 but I would certainly expect lower emissions and better economy than the current Freelander (although I don't know if there will be a weight penalty on the new car which would count against that).

The other issue for us is that we would need some way of accommodating our little and large dogs - cocker spaniel and yellow Labrador - safely and in comfort. We currently use dog cages for both but I suspec that the Sport (with third row seats down) will not be big enough. We'll be able to find out when the demos hit the showrooms I guess.

·
Registered
562 Posts
But the dog guard & let 'em run free

·
Registered
677 Posts
I'm happy to take the current engine, I've had 3 Fl2s with the PSA 2.2 engine and they have been bomb proof, not the most powerful but it does the job. If you would rather have the new engine, the end of 2015 should see the start of the Ingenium diesels being introduced.

The 3rd row seating fold flat into the boot floor, I would imagine the slopeing roof line may pose more of a problem with dog cages, LR have a divider that works with their dog guard, not handy if you need to carry large items rather than your two furry best friends.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts