Discovery Sport Forum banner
141 - 160 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
I love the bulletin about the towbar. In the "old days", any sensible owner would just have bent the socket back 45 degs, rather than taking it to a garage to pit a new 45 deg bracket...... :idea: :idea:

Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

I recently ordered the DS Landmark edition. I see the some of these bulletins are very recent, do I need to do anything to ensure that all these corrective actions are carried out in my soon to be delivered vehicle?

P.S: I love the car but the level of details discussed here kind of scared me. I hope I will be alright.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
When you get the car, register online for Land Rover TOPIx. Basic registration is free - you need to register as an independent repairer. This will tell you of any outstanding actions on your car. Other actions are of the "if owner complains" variety and will not affect all cars. Many are for earlier vehicles.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wilfsoft said:
Ok guys that is all my PDF files uploaded for safe keeping on the website.

461MB, 744 files and 109 Folders across 31 Posts...

:) :) :)

I will mop up the rest when I have time to get back onto Topix
Hi Wilfsoft
These postings have been very helpful.
Did you include the instruction on how to remove a DS rear spoiler? I am investigating the possibility of mounting a UHF antenna on the spoiler but cannot locate the removal instructions.
Hope that you can help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
good morning
I have recently met your forum.
I wanted to congratulate you on a great job.
I have a discovery sport hse my16.
I wanted to ask if it is possible to find instructions to replace the central dysplay.
thank you

·
Registered
83 Posts
can anyone help with the service / maintenance schedule for the A and B servicing of the 2.0 diesel engines - searched high and low and cant find anywhere including owners handbook !

I like to service my own cars in line with manufactures recommendations ….

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,

My sunglasses holder is faulty (cannot stay shut properly). Are there any instructions available for fix? Or needs dealer visit?
Thanks.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi folks.

Is anyone able to attached the bulletin for:

LTB00818 - Left Speakers Crackling When Listening To Digital Radio

Sounds like the issue I have, but would like to read the bulletin before taking the car to LR.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Burnerg81 said:
Hi folks.

Sounds like the issue I have, but would like to read the bulletin before taking the car to LR.

Thanks in advance.
This is a very old document going back to 2014, relevant to L319/L359/L538.

There is an issue with what you are describing with vehicles (L550) that have InControl Touch Pro fitted, running on S/w V19a/19b A SOTA update to 19c cures this problem.

·
Registered
919 Posts
SarahStreet said:
Burnerg81 said:
Hi folks.

Thanks in advance.
This is a very old document going back to 2014, relevant to L319/L359/L538 with the old Alpine system fitted.

There is an issue with what you are describing with vehicles (L550) that have InControl Touch Pro fitted, running on S/w V19a/19b A SOTA update to 19c cures this problem.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've got a used 2015 model which sounds like it might have the issue in the bulletin (at least until I can see the full article). It's also just the standard ICT system.

I'll take it to the dealer and see what they think. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Amazing amount of information on this thread, nice one :)

Does anyone have 501-12 which would include taking apart the central console in order to swap the 12v cigar lighter to a 5v USB?

I've looked through and I've not seen it on here.

·
Registered
948 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys!

Can anyone share a document or a web-link, where I can find part numbers to order them?
For exampla I'm looking for mirror elements with blind spots and radars for blind spots.

I know that I cna use a https://epc.jlr-apps.com
But is it somewhere for free?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello

I have browsed the thread and possibly overlooked something of relevance.. but could somebody point me in the direction of instructions for re-fitting the boot trim and boot sides trim please?
This would ideally include instructions for attaching wiring and what appear to be fuse housings or similar (mainly on the left hand side when boot is open).
Any thoughts would be very gratefully received :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone can help me with instructions to remove the interior boot trim on a 2018 Disco. I see the very first post in this thread was for that exactly but that was on an older model, although i suspect the principle is similar but if anyone has the details would be appreciated.

Need to access the rear view camera which has become faulty as now showing image at 90 degrees. Saw a youtube video on how to replace if need, or just to clean corrdoed pins on a RR Evoque.

LR authorised dealer quoted £280 just to investigate!

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
zmlm said:
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone can help me with instructions to remove the interior boot trim on a 2018 Disco. I see the very first post in this thread was for that exactly but that was on an older model, although i suspect the principle is similar but if anyone has the details would be appreciated.

Need to access the rear view camera which has become faulty as now showing image at 90 degrees. Saw a youtube video on how to replace if need, or just to clean corrdoed pins on a RR Evoque.

I doubt it's any different on a 2018 DS to 2015, they're the same model. I doubt it's even different on the facelifted model as I can't imagine LR would change it for any reason as that area of the car hasn't changed.

Also, be aware if it gets to the point of replacing the camera that they come in several versions (identifiable by part number) and are NOT interchangeable.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Dashnine said:
zmlm said:
Hello,

I doubt it's any different on a 2018 DS to 2015, they're the same model. I doubt it's even different on the facelifted model as I can't imagine LR would change it for any reason..

Also, be aware if it gets to the point of replacing the camera that they come in several versions (part numbers) and are NOT interchangeable.
Thanks for replying, so pretty much the same as listed here
https://www.discosportforums.co.uk/download/file.php?id=2542
and the retaining clips are all hidden.

Aware regarding the camera, hence wait to remove to see the camera version before ordering a replacement if necessary

141 - 160 of 164 Posts