Discovery Sport Forum banner
121 - 140 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Big list of docs !

And yes you are more than likely in breach of the rules on TOPIx. So far LR haven't come down on anyone... yet.

·
Banned
1,911 Posts
I think that it just goes to show how poorly the DS is assembled, with inferior components, and clearly NO Quality checks whatsoever. They should be ashamed of themselves up in Halewood.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Well said Badgerface.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Every manufacturer has a library of documents covering fixes to all areas of the vehicles, LR are no exception. The difference here is that we have access to it.

Forum common sense needs to be applied....

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Dashnine said:
Every manufacturer has a library of documents covering fixes to all areas of the vehicles, LR are no exception. The difference here is that we have access to it.

Forum common sense needs to be applied....
Yup - technically we shouldn't even be signed up too ;)

Registration

The following conditions must be met:

· You are the duly authorised owner principal or manager of an independent automotive service or repair business working on your own behalf or as a duly incorporated partnership or corporate body, directly or indirectly qualifying for lawful access to repair and maintenance information;

· You will fully and accurately complete the online registration form and forward it to JLR
Usage...

We authorise you to view the Materials on this Website, and download those Materials expressly made available for downloading by us, only for your personal, use in the course of your eligible business in the repair and maintenance of JLR vehicles, and no other commercial purposes. This authorisation is not a transfer of title to or in the Materials or copies of the Materials, and is subject to the following restrictions:

· you must retain, on all copies of the Materials downloaded, all copyright branding and other proprietary notices contained in the Materials;

· you may not modify the Materials in any way or reproduce or publicly display, perform, or distribute or otherwise use them for any public or commercial purpose;

· you must not transfer the Materials to any other person;

·
Registered
25 Posts
When registering on topix I was not required to provide any company details or garage/business details. They are clearly not to bothered by misuse of the website at the moment.

The terms also state :

Once you have completed and submitted your registration form and JLR has approved the form and completed the registration process, you will have access to a username / password to enable you to access the Website.

JLR never "approved" my form it was all automated.

·
Super Moderator
7,158 Posts
And then if you look up copyright law you can also "get away with it" as it is not for personal gain .
Small quantities, gauged by the amount of overall material available, is considered acceptable.

So less said the better it's fair game as long as you dont sell it , keep on posting chaps 😀

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I wouldn't worry ;)

These docs have been shared for years... if they were that bothered they would ask for proof I guess.

·
Super Moderator
7,158 Posts
simon said:
I wouldn't worry ;)

These docs have been shared for years... if they were that bothered they would ask for proof I guess.
Yep, and it saves them some work in the stressed out dealers when we fix our own cars.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
If nothing else then they certainly provide users with good background information with which to "fight" the dealer if necessary.

·
Super Moderator
7,158 Posts
👆....👍

·
Registered
59 Posts
This LTB is regarding premature wear... yet it states:
CAUSE: Excessive use of the brakes in the affected markets is causing premature wear of the front brake pads due to high localised temperatures at the brake pad/disc interface.
I would think that if there is excessive use of the brakes, they would wear at an accelerated rate...

I had premature wear of one pad on one side of the rear and the dealer claimed "it could be driver related". How can you cause wear on just one pad? :?:

I was hoping to find something applicable to my DS on the hood latch because it is very difficult to close, I had a problem on day 2 of owning the car! However, it seems like the LTB doesn't apply to me because my switch correctly detects that the hood is not properly latched.

Thanks for posting Lolo85!!!

121 - 140 of 164 Posts