Discovery Sport Forum banner
101 - 120 of 166 Posts
Looking at LTB00693v5 one can see the problems that can be caused with using carry over parts. There's hardly a vehicle that's not affected.

I don't mind carry over if they work, but to knowingly fit substandard parts all these years is not good

Barnsh said:
I don't mind carry over if they work, but to knowingly fit substandard parts all these years is not good
Correct Barnsh there is clearly no system in place to ensure on going standard of parts. Of course it's a doddle for the purchasers - they can just screw the suppliers even more on the basis of higher volumes and let everyone else (customer included) suffer the consequences.

Hi

Does anyone have a copy of the SSM73453 documant? This is refered to in the final stages of the B Pillar Rattle - LTB00827 v7 on Page 51 if the problem persists... be interesting to see what JLR do next....

Maybe this SSM73453 doc is the "official reject form"... used by dealers to start the process just my thoughts of course.

Regards David

Barnsh - Can you download the N010 and N020 please? N025 (separate oil and service mileage and resets) should be out in a few days, unless delayed yet again....

Dashnine said:
Barnsh - Can you download the N010 and N020 please? N025 (separate oil and service mileage and resets) should be out in a few days, unless delayed yet again....
I only took bulletins for one day for one year model so can't see those to down load £21:00 for that too , modern day theft .

s5156 said:
Hi

Does anyone have a copy of the SSM73453 documant? This is refered to in the final stages of the B Pillar Rattle - LTB00827 v7 on Page 51 if the problem persists... be interesting to see what JLR do next....

Maybe this SSM73453 doc is the "official reject form"... used by dealers to start the process just my thoughts of course.

Regards David
I searched all of topix for that doc and it's not on topix , so guess it's kept in dealerships , it's not mentioned at all.

Excellent Many Thanks!

I have not had to use a garage to something as simple as pad replacement for years, and did not want to start now. I also believe in a strip down, clean and appropriate lubrication of pins/guides etc every couple of years is sensible preventative maintenance.

It actually looks very simple once you know how to keep the Parking brake off!

Mike

Thanks cg. I can't recall that it was posted before but it's an interesting document which provides a bit more of an insight into the Ingenium engine.

Brilliant post CG - I was looking for that exact technical document this week.

I am slightly concerned having studied it that they mention that the i4 uses a Mitsubishi turbocharger, but does not specifically name which one. The one thing that I sincerely do hope is that it's not the TD04V variant, as used on the old SD4 engine - whilst usually ultra-reliable, they have a known Achilles heel when they were used on Freelanders, in that the actuators are solid state, and the electronics are prone to frying, thus causing the actuator arm to seize. Annoyingly, replacing this part is not possible, as its not available and the entire turbocharger will need replacing, at considerable expense (as I well know!)

If anyone on here is able to identify which Mitsi turbo is actually used on the i4 engine, that would be most helpful.

Does anyone have a copy of 303-01A
This does not come up in the search, and was not part of the original topix uploaded. I was going the review internal engine clearances in relation to the thread ingenium engine service limits.
If this isnt the correct topix note perhaps someone could point me in the right direction.

Good afternoon all. HELP please. I have the half height dog guard that I wish to fit. I have the instructions, however in these serials 8 and 13 show an open book icon with 76.13.17 written underneath it. This refers to how to remove and refit the interior boot trim. Can someone tell me what this refers to and provide me with a copy please?

Many thanks.

Discodaze said:
Good afternoon all. HELP please. I have the half height dog guard that I wish to fit. I have the instructions, however in these serials 8 and 13 show an open book icon with 76.13.17 written underneath it. This refers to how to remove and refit the interior boot trim. Can someone tell me what this refers to and provide me with a copy please?

Many thanks.
Hi - this isn't the answer I'm afraid, but might help others...
The LR doc is here: http://accessories-instructions.landrover.com/docs/pdf/812.pdf
The 76.13.17 ref. is on page 5, but I haven't been able to find any more info I'm afraid...

I see LR have updated TOPIx since I last visited.
The new view doesn't seem to remember VIN searches while the 'simple' view does!?

This is a great idea and thread!
Does anyone still have Topix access and can download and share please the 501-09 - View Mirrors ?
I did not find this section in all the posts here so it will be highly appreciated!

101 - 120 of 166 Posts