Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shall we have a guess on what we think will be the most popular colour for the DS?

I'm just looking at them all on the configurator.

I think Santorini Black will be very popular - it looks quite aggressive and sleek.

Firenze Red I think also suits it.

Corris Grey - I think this is the colour in the video? Again, suits it well - perhaps a bit more conservative than the 2 above?

I haven't made my mind up on the 2 whites yet. The configurator makes them look a little 'silvery' so it's hard to get a good idea of them.

Love the 'Black Pack' though. I always liked that on the Evoque.

Anyone else have any predictions?

It would be nice if the configurator didn't show the colours with a satin sheen as it doesn't give us the best idea of what they would look like in real life. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of actual cars in the various different shades.

·
Administrator
245 Posts
I have always liked the black pack too, white + black pack would be my first choice.

I like black cars and the Santorini Black one above is no different but way too difficult to keep clean..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that's the problem - nothing looks nicer than a clean and well polished black car. However they don't seem to spend very much of their time looking clean....

I saw a FL2 yesterday which was white with what appeared to be a black pack (dunno if they offered them on the FL2, I haven't looked into them) and it was very striking.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I initially ordered Stornoway Grey for my 2011 Evoque Prestige and ended up by default with Orkney Grey. I was really disappointed when I received the car as it was much lighter than the dealer colour swatch. On trading in my Evoque last year for an Audi Q5 I as delighted with the dark grey colour choices (ended up with Daytona). In fact it's a much nicer shade of grey than my 2010 FL2 in Stornoway grey. Therefore if I go for the DS it'll probably be the Corris Grey (closer to Audi Daytona) and looks really good on the current RRS.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Santorini for me. Love it!

·
Administrator
245 Posts
IKM said:
I initially ordered Stornoway Grey for my 2011 Evoque Prestige and ended up by default with Orkney Grey. I was really disappointed when I received the car as it was much lighter than the dealer colour swatch. On trading in my Evoque last year for an Audi Q5 I as delighted with the dark grey colour choices (ended up with Daytona). In fact it's a much nicer shade of grey than my 2010 FL2 in Stornoway grey. Therefore if I go for the DS it'll probably be the Corris Grey (closer to Audi Daytona) and looks really good on the current RRS.
Boss at work has the A4 black pack in Daytona grey and I really like it. Suits the car really well IMO. Probably one of the few cars in grey that I like.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Corris Grey with Black Pack gets my vote...... or Firenze, maybe Scotia Grey. Damn!

·
Registered
44 Posts
i decided for a eD4 black santorini with a black interior
mat-chrome skidplates, and rims, and chrome sidebars (aftermarket!)
and a black and white full picture roof-wrap

now wait for delivery in setember ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sophisticated colour choice. As you say it'll go really well with the Cirrus interior.

If I didn't have a 3 year old who's favourite activity is walking over seats Cirrus would have been a no brainer as it really lightens the interior.

Has anyone noticed if the interior cabin lights are LED bulbs?

I changed my Evoque's to LED on day 1.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I think they are, not 100% sure though.

I changed the ones in my D4, its a small mod that makes a big difference.

·
Registered
38 Posts
From the configurator, I thought the black interior would be a bit gloomy. With the panoramic roof, however, it was fine. My heart said Cirrus interior but my head won - black interior.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I think with the cirrus headlining and pano roof, black interior is great. Black headlining on top maybe a bit too much.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I've had 2 White LRs but I wasn't impressed with the DS in White with black pack.

·
Registered
829 Posts
For those who like their cars black...

Attachments

·
Registered
562 Posts
Bit too Batman, stealth but like it even if I was not to order it....

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
The only thing I am not sure about with the all black stealth look is you still get a silver airbag case on the bonnet which spoils the look somewhat. Needs colour co-ordinating

·
Registered
829 Posts
Surprised to see that grey airbag and Corris Grey are still quite different in colour...

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Anyone seen anything in Yulong White? I know it is a new colour but I cannot see any photos of an actual car, RR, RRS, Ewok, Defender anything in that colour anywhere! Photo would be much appreciated!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts