Discovery Sport Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
P250 HSE MY21
31 Posts
A couple of observations about the above improvements following the update to 3.2.0a, since I’ve just done a 120 mile round trip on mainly motorways and so using adaptive cruise almost all of the time. There is definitely an improvement to the smoothness of ACC when following the car in front, it no longer feels ‘twitchy’ like it did previously so well done LR for that! The ACC is still sometimes a bit sensitive to the car in front changes in speed but it’s far better than before, and the adjustment of speed when lane changing is also much better and more natural.

I would really like to see an update to ACC to take into account a slower car in the lane to your right (for RHD cars) which you may be about to undertake, and prevent that from happening with an indication on the drivers display - my previous 2017 Mk7.5 Golf had this and it was great, but could be overridden if it was ‘holding‘ you with a tap of the accelerator.
I've been looking forward to this 3.2.0a update since it was mentioned here. I'd really like the toned down ACC response as it's annoying when it uses max acceleration to get back to cruise speed.

I know there's nothing to be done to prompt the update but wondered whether many of you have had 3.2.0a or has the rollout stopped

·
Registered
2021 Discovery Sport P250 HSE in Silicon Silver and Acorn
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I've been looking forward to this 3.2.0a update since it was mentioned here. I'd really like the toned down ACC response as it's annoying when it uses max acceleration to get back to cruise speed.

I know there's nothing to be done to prompt the update but wondered whether many of you have had 3.2.0a or has the rollout stopped
I still haven't had my .0a update. Beginning to look like it's been pulled?
Nigel

·
Registered
P250 HSE MY21
31 Posts
Nigel

Yes, it's looking that way. Over three months since it was first reported on here.

Fingers crossed the next update (whenever it appears) will include the ACC changes.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Nigel
Yes, it's looking that way. Over three months since it was first reported on here.

Fingers crossed the next update (whenever it appears) will include the ACC changes.
Try connecting to your home Wi-Fi when parked to help force the download. This is the first time I’ve heard mention of the update being withdrawn.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Try connecting to your home Wi-Fi when parked to help force the download. This is the first time I’ve heard mention of the update being withdrawn.
Thanks but I have recently invested in a new home MESH wi-fi system to improve the signal reach to my car, but still no joy. As before, the Pivi confirms a wi-fi signal is present and connected too.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Thanks but I have recently invested in a new home MESH wi-fi system to improve the signal reach to my car, but still no joy. As before, the Pivi confirms a wi-fi signal is present and connected too.
If Pivi is showing the Wi-Fi is connected then it will be. Maybe try forcing a Reset Connectivity (from the same menu where you connect to Wi-Fi) and then add the home Wi-Fi again. There was another member on here who had the same problem with the update not being applied and connecting to home Wi-Fi resolved it, and by doing the reset from pivi you may find the same.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
If Pivi is showing the Wi-Fi is connected then it will be. Maybe try forcing a Reset Connectivity (from the same menu where you connect to Wi-Fi) and then add the home Wi-Fi again. There was another member on here who had the same problem with the update not being applied and connecting to home Wi-Fi resolved it, and by doing the reset from pivi you may find the same.
This car continues to confound!

As you kindly suggested, I have just been into the car and carried out a Connectivity reset, which annoyingly also required me recreating a new profile and radio station pre-sets etc. Anyway, once all was reconnected to my home wi-fi, I went into Software Update setting and to my utter astonishment, I discovered that the software version is now showing as 3.2.1. So how did it jump from 3.2.0 without so much as prompting me to go through the usual lock and alarm for at least 30 minutes procedure?

2 days ago when I last used the car, I went on a day out to Jodrell Bank which is about a 60 mile round trip from my home, and at no stage during my journey did I get a software update prompt. Even when I returned home and locked up the car, there was no indication of an update awaiting installation. I'll admit I didn't re-check the version number before I did the Connectivity reset, so perhaps it updated silently whilst the vehicle was parked up since my return home 48 hours earlier?

Anyway, not to look a gift horse in the mouth, I will now create a new thread with some screen shots of the new update features. However, nowhere I can see is there any mention of improvements to the ACC.

Nigel

·
Registered
367 Posts
This car continues to confound!

As you kindly suggested, I have just been into the car and carried out a Connectivity reset, which annoyingly also required me recreating a new profile and radio station pre-sets etc. Anyway, once all was reconnected to my home wi-fi, I went into Software Update setting and to my utter astonishment, I discovered that the software version is now showing as 3.2.1. So how did it jump from 3.2.0 without so much as prompting me to go through the usual lock and alarm for at least 30 minutes procedure?

2 days ago when I last used the car, I went on a day out to Jodrell Bank which is about a 60 mile round trip from my home, and at no stage during my journey did I get a software update prompt. Even when I returned home and locked up the car, there was no indication of an update awaiting installation. I'll admit I didn't re-check the version number before I did the Connectivity reset, so perhaps it updated silently whilst the vehicle was parked up since my return home 48 hours earlier?

Anyway, not to look a gift horse in the mouth, I will now create a new thread with some screen shots of the new update features. However, nowhere I can see is there any mention of improvements to the ACC.

Nigel
Two unusual things to take from that;
1. The connectivity reset should not mean a new profile or radio presets at all. All it does is reset the wifi settings and the mobile data connection.
2. Any software update will come with a prompt to install, even if it has already been downloaded.

The fact that you’ve seen these two misnomers probably goes a long way to explain why you didn’t see the previous update.
I would be INCREDIBLY surprised if a later version didn’t incorporate all the features of the previous. A quick test would be to use the adaptive cruise in traffic and see if it will resume after being stationary for more than three seconds.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Two unusual things to take from that;
1. The connectivity reset should not mean a new profile or radio presets at all. All it does is reset the wifi settings and the mobile data connection.
2. Any software update will come with a prompt to install, even if it has already been downloaded.

The fact that you’ve seen these two misnomers probably goes a long way to explain why you didn’t see the previous update.
I would be INCREDIBLY surprised if a later version didn’t incorporate all the features of the previous. A quick test would be to use the adaptive cruise in traffic and see if it will resume after being stationary for more than three seconds.
Thanks for this.
I was aware that resetting Connectivity shouldn't need a new profile creation etc., so was just reporting the fact really. I also had to reconnect to my inControl account again. Let's hope the 'improvement' to Connectivity in the latest software update resolves some of those anomalies too.

Your guess is as good as mine regarding the missing 3.2.0a update on my car, but checking back on previous updates I notice that the (a) suffix for the 2.1.0 update in July 2021 came before the 2.1.0 update in August the following month. I can only assume that the latest 3.2.1 update might have just skipped 3.2.0a for my car? I can't quite recall now but didn't those cars mentioned in these parts who got 3.2.0a miss out on the 3.2.0? Anyway, it is what it is and it's getting a bit too geeky for a man of my advancing years to get too excited about! ;)

I would tend to agree that the latest version of operating software usually incorporates all incremental updates too. I don't get much chance these days to drive the car in heavy traffic as I use the Corsa for shopping trolley duties etc., so am not sure when I'll get the chance to test the ACC. But I'll report back as soon as I do. (y)

Nigel

·
Registered
367 Posts
I had a quick Google after reading this thread last night and a few others are also reporting that 3.2.1 has also appeared without requiring any confirmation. I’ve just been out in mine and checked the version and lo, I also have 3.2.1 now installed without any input from me.

Font Gas Motor vehicle Electronic device Electric blue

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I had a quick Google after reading this thread last night and a few others are also reporting that 3.2.1 has also appeared without requiring any confirmation. I’ve just been out in mine and checked the version and lo, I also have 3.2.1 now installed without any input from me.
8<
Phew, thank goodness for that. Thought I was going nuts. 😄

·
Registered
P250 HSE MY21
31 Posts
My Pivi Pro has now also 'silently' updated to 3.2.1 overnight - strange that it no longer asks for the update to be scheduled.

I had the chance to try the ACC in a stop start queue this afternoon and it doesn't look as though the time to automatically move off after a stop has been increased in this update. It still appears to time out after about 3s as before and then requires a dab on the gas or pressing resume to move away again.

I haven't been able to test for any of the other ACC improvements that were in the mysterious 3.1.0a update but I'm not hopeful.

·
Registered
367 Posts
My Pivi Pro has now also 'silently' updated to 3.2.1 overnight - strange that it no longer asks for the update to be scheduled.

I had the chance to try the ACC in a stop start queue this afternoon and it doesn't look as though the time to automatically move off after a stop has been increased in this update. It still appears to time out after about 3s as before and then requires a dab on the gas or pressing resume to move away again.

I haven't been able to test for any of the other ACC improvements that were in the mysterious 3.1.0a update but I'm not hopeful.
I did get 3.1.0a and my ACC still holds for more than 3 seconds, even after updating to 3.2.1

21 - 33 of 33 Posts