Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Discovery Sport P250 HSE in Silicon Silver and Acorn
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pivi Pro software update v3.2.0 just landed with me and contains the following stated updates:

1. Integration of What3Words navigation.
2. New Charging Interface for 22MY EV vehicles.
3. Predictive Energy Optimisation for PHEV vehicles only.
4. Update EV Home Tile.
5. USB Enhancements.
6. China and S. Korea Account sign-in improvements.
7. Top Tip to share destination arrival time info in NAV.

(See attached screenshots compo for details)

Rectangle Font Parallel Magenta Screenshot

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
(y) Let’s see how long it takes to reach the rest of us.
I must confess to being just a little surprised to get this one so promptly after having waited almost 2 months for the last v3 update to grace me with its presence! 😉

·
Registered
P300
52 Posts
Hi - I think I have asked this before or read it but is there a way to force an update? My P300 does not report its current version but says is it is up to date (which I believe as I have wireless airplay).
Thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
Got this update yesterday but has anyone used W3W to navigate between 2 points yet?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hi - I think I have asked this before or read it but is there a way to force an update? My P300 does not report its current version but says is it is up to date (which I believe as I have wireless airplay).
Thanks
The only way to force the update is to book on with a dealer and get them to force the update. Otherwise you just need to wait until your VIN range comes up in the release schedule.
Connecting to a Wi-Fi network (eg. at home or work) will help also.

·
Registered
P300
52 Posts
So after checking again last night it is available. Loaded ok automatically when locked and left (but not charging as it stalled first time).
The W3W seems to work good. By putting in the 3 words including the periods it finds the location just like a place. The EV tile has been updated too. Not tried USB music fix. I will be very glad if it does as I prefer my (terrible) music from local storage.
Also my issue with no version has gone and replaced with V3.2.0 👍🏻

·
Registered
329 Posts
Another new update - 3.2.0a - was pushed to me this morning, and since it’s an ‘a’ suffix release it might indicate that it’s just bug fixing, however the release notes are far more comprehensive around improvements to driver assistance which was hinted at but seemed to be lacking in 3.2.0. Maybe this one is for different modules which these features use. Release notes are below taken from Pivi.

Says it will take 45 minutes, so I’ve started it now that I’m back home.

Name: OS 3.2.0a
Estimated installation time: 0 h 45 m
Campaign Release Notes: We've been listening to your feedback and packaged up a number of improvements to the performance of our Driver Assistance technologies, all designed to enhance your driving experience.

Adaptive Cruise Control:

• When changing lanes, we've improved how the vehicle détects the speed of traffic in the new lane, allowing for a more responsive, and yet smoother adaption to the speed of vehicles ahead
    • Overall refinements to traffic awareness, resulting in a smoother transition and adjustment of the vehicles speed when following vehicles
    • Auto-resume from a standstill (for example when queuing in traffic) has been extended to 30 seconds, from the previous 3 seconds
    • General performance improvements

Driver Condition Monitoring:
- The system logic for displaying Driver Fatigue messages has been updated to account for when the driver is already slowing down with the intent to pull over

General Improvements:

• Traffic Sign Recognition - improved recognition performance, reducing cases where signs in side roads may have been detected causing an incorrect speed limit to be displayed
    • Automatic Emergency Braking / Forward Collision Warning - Scene detection performance improvement to reduce the possibility of the system mistakenly providing an emergency alert
    • Automatic Emergency Braking Unavailable messages - The self-diagnosis system has been improved to reduce cases where these messages may have been incorrectly displayed
    • All Terrain Progress Control (ATPC) - Removed the possibility to set Adaptive Cruise Control whilst ATPC is in standby

Please note: The availability of the above features is dependent on vehicle specification.

PHEV only: Please note that for a short period of time, you may experience some disruption in your EV capabilities after the update has installed. Software updates require at least 25% battery charge.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another new update - 3.2.0a - was pushed to me this morning, and since it’s an ‘a’ suffix release it might indicate that it’s just bug fixing, however the release notes are far more comprehensive around improvements to driver assistance which was hinted at but seemed to be lacking in 3.2.0. Maybe this one is for different modules which these features use. Release notes are below taken from Pivi.

Says it will take 45 minutes, so I’ve started it now that I’m back home.
8<
Thanks for that. Just checked and nothing for me yet. Gone to the back of the queue again I expect! 😉
I shall be glad of the 3 to 30 second increase in the auto-resume from standstill. Wonder what took them so long! :rolleyes:

Nigel

·
Registered
P300
52 Posts
Loaded ok today - and EV straight away seems more stable (stays in EV mode when requested).
Can’t comment on any of the the rest of features as no adaptive.
However noted from last drop the USB music works better, even remembers the point last played on different memory sticks which is an improvement.

·
Registered
1,5 P300e Signature SE+ - 2021
4 Posts
Greetings from Denmark

New owner (2021 Signature SE+ P300E) and new member here.

Anxiously awaiting an update. Got one the day I picked up, but I’m still on 2.1.6b

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
At the end of the list of updates for 3.2.0, they have stated a warning to say: "PHEV only: Please note that for a short period of time, you may experience some disruption in your EV capabilities after the update has installed". This may also be the case with 3.0. If full operation doesn't resume soon, then don't muck about and get straight on to LR C.E.C. (Customer Experience Centre) in Coventry.
Hth.
Nigel

·
Registered
329 Posts
Message popped up today, and now running 3.0. Glad to have wireless CarPlay, but for some reason the car now won’t run in EV or Hybrid mode
As posted above, PHEV operation is affected after a software update, especially a major one which relates to drivetrain or vehicle assistance features. In my experience you’ll need to do around 5-10 longish (over 5 miles) runs or a couple of even longer ones before it’s back to normal.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Adaptive Cruise Control:

• When changing lanes, we've improved how the vehicle détects the speed of traffic in the new lane, allowing for a more responsive, and yet smoother adaption to the speed of vehicles ahead
    • Overall refinements to traffic awareness, resulting in a smoother transition and adjustment of the vehicles speed when following vehicles
    • Auto-resume from a standstill (for example when queuing in traffic) has been extended to 30 seconds, from the previous 3 seconds
    • General performance improvements
A couple of observations about the above improvements following the update to 3.2.0a, since I’ve just done a 120 mile round trip on mainly motorways and so using adaptive cruise almost all of the time. There is definitely an improvement to the smoothness of ACC when following the car in front, it no longer feels ‘twitchy’ like it did previously so well done LR for that! The ACC is still sometimes a bit sensitive to the car in front changes in speed but it’s far better than before, and the adjustment of speed when lane changing is also much better and more natural.

I would really like to see an update to ACC to take into account a slower car in the lane to your right (for RHD cars) which you may be about to undertake, and prevent that from happening with an indication on the drivers display - my previous 2017 Mk7.5 Golf had this and it was great, but could be overridden if it was ‘holding‘ you with a tap of the accelerator.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts