Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else’s Pivi data connection gone awry? I was seeing a good 4G connection at 4 out of 5 bars less than a week ago, but at some point over this weekend it has gone haywire.

I‘ve attached a video of what I’m seeing currently, this is a looping scenario and means that I can’t get any connected stuff like Spotify etc, or sat nav traffic (or other things that need a data connection). When it connects to 3G it will stream for a bit but then it drops off and the loop starts again.

The location of this video is exactly the same as the location of a photo I coincidentally took of the Pivi screen 4 days ago which showed a good 4G connection, and was working fine. Driving somewhere else has no effect on this connection scenario.

I’ve tried turning the mobile data off and on multiple times, doing a reboot by holding the power button for 20 seconds and doing a reset which deleted the profile and data. I also tried the Reset Connectivity button as well from that menu in the video, which I’m not sure of the function other than it turns the mobile data off. It seems like the other data connection is OK (there are two in Pivi, one for connected services and one for InControl and software updates which also uses O2 but via a separate modem) as I was able to login with my incontrol account without issues, unless I just got lucky at the moment it was connected to 3G.

I thought maybe that an antenna had become disconnected, although I don’t think that would mean that the connection would drop once it ‘finds’ 3G and go into that loop cycle.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After four days of this problem, I got in the car this morning and the data connection was back to four bars of 4G signal with no searching or loss on a 20 minute drive.

Nothing had changed from my end other than speaking to CRC to see if they could force a reset or get any diagnostics, which they couldn’t. It’s booked into a dealer in 2 weeks for investigation so I’ll keep the appointment (as it’s also going in for a tailgate adjustment) and monitor it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts