Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won't be posting any pictures as it's just a black DS HSE Auto with no visible options. However just thought I'd give it a quick write up on the journey back from the garage. And remember I'm comparing this to my Old 2012 Evoque Dynamic 5-door auto.

First the gripes:
Doesn't have Blind Spot Monitoring - not an option (I thought it was standard on the HSE). I will miss this as it saved my life with the Evoque last year when a lorry tried to kill me. However, it does have a lot less blind spots. I suspect that this is the difference between a DS base and a RR base vehicle.
Interior trim - plasticy - not a nice feel, but hey, it will clean easier.
Bonnet airbag - why oh why is this not colour coded to the car?

That's it - not many - now the pluses (and some of this will compare to the 2012 Evoque)

New satnav - vast improvement, and the voice address recognition is great.
New infotainment system - dogs danglies- far better and quicker - connect to iPhone 6 and away you go.
Far bigger and higher that the Evoque - feels like a proper LR 4x4
Boot - again - a grown up boot.
Driving - goes well and no problem at all with the acceleration. Only time will tell as regards economy.
Some folks have suggest they the engine is noisy, - who??
Phone and bluetooth - all round quicker.
Steering wheel controls - thought initially they were too bulky but in this production model they seem just right. The new (average speed camera) quick speed set is great and will probably be used a lot.
3 new roof controls: sunglasses holder (ok), but a new Emergency Services 'hot' button (999) and a new Landrover Assist 'hot' button.
9 speed box - only time will tell again.
Headspace and internal space - again a grown up car.
Crannies and holders etc - spot on.

In summary - very well pleased and so far impressed. I will miss the blind spot monitoring. The Evoque also had a 'Take Me Home' menu button. Will have to see if this can be put on the home screen.

For reference the full spec is: DS HSE 2.2 Auto.
Pano roof, black interior and headliner, normal 19" rims.
Heated leather wheel.
Memory seats.
Adaptive Xenons
InControl Apps.

Feel free to ask away.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Great review Crabby, enjoy your car.

Could you give a bit more info on the voice address system, not heard about this, is there other voice recognition items?

If you receive a text message does this now show up on the touch screen?

Thanks

·
Registered
562 Posts
No pics, shame on you! You spec is near identical to mine.....

Yes, no Blind Spot monitor was the only driving option I wanted. Seems strange as the car is an Evoque underneath, so why not available?

How was the dealer handover experience?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Crabby
The new (average speed camera) quick speed set is great and will probably be used a lot.
What average speed camera? Is it part of the Apps? My dealer said that Speed cameras (and the various deviants) were not available on the Sat Nav.

Glad you are generally pleased with your DS.

·
Registered
381 Posts
xxtrail said:
Crabby
The new (average speed camera) quick speed set is great and will probably be used a lot.
What average speed camera? Is it part of the Apps? My dealer said that Speed cameras (and the various deviants) were not available on the Sat Nav.

Glad you are generally pleased with your DS.
I think Crabby is referring to the ASL (automatic speed limiter), this is set from the steering wheel in a similar way to the cruise control. You can for instant set a limit of 50mph, you can then travel at any speed up to this limit when you reach 50mph the car will not go any faster.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Cheers Discoloz, so just a speed limiter then, my wife's car has that. Does anybody know if it is possible to import speed camera POI into the Sat Nav via USB upload? And if so, which site to use?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I relented - here's a picture.
Regarding the points above - speed delimiter is covered off above. The Blind Spot appears to be part of the top spec alternative, which also includes a ruck of other extras but would have cost nearly £4k extra. I will live without it.
The voice satnav means that you can just speak an address, such as (hit the voice steering wheel button) "destination 10 Downing Street London" and it just works it out and sets it.
Dealer experience (Farnells at Nelson (ex Hillendale)) was great - Santander payment experience not so great. Half a tank of fuel, salon experience for the missus, LR experience voucher, £250 'family portrait photo' voucher, and a LR brolly. Well chuffed.

View attachment 25

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh - and with the iPhone 6 the text message doesn't appear on the touchscreen - may be an Apple issue.
Oh - and there's an option on the satnav to tell you the speed limit in the area. Turned that off straight away - it may go back on when I am more used to all of the car features.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Your choice looks good Crabby.
Thanks for the write up appreciate it.
Enjoy! Enjoy!

HSE Auto, Kaikoura Stone, almond interior, privacy glass, bright finish treadplates, rubber mats, flaps, spare wheel, 3 additional USBs, traffic sign recognition. Delivery to dealer end of March.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Collecting mine tomorrow.......

·
Registered
91 Posts
What brand tyres have you on your HSE....looked at my build spec on TOPiX and it shows Goodyear tyres on mine...was hoping for pirelli Scorps never had Goodyear on a Landrover before....picking it up tomorrow, can't wait :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Crabby to get your iphone working.

No need to pair your phone again, simply go to settings-> bluetooth-> select the device, 'I' information to the right of discovery sport in connections then turn show notifications on. Now connect to the discovery sport Bluetooth and get someone to send you a text. This worked perfectly for me. In fact it's the same settings for other Bluetooth hand free kits. Hope that helps. Ps if driving the system will only give you the option to read the message for you. You
Can only view when at a standstill.

Hope that helps.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts