Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up the DS this afternoon, hardest part was handing the keys over for my 57 Plate D3

All told i'm quite happy with it, its actually better and more well made than i remembered, no squeeks, no rattles and its so much more nimble than my ageing D3. Its pretty well built, the door shut lines go right to the bottom of the body, its quiet and looks Tiny sat on the drive compared to the overall hight of the Disco. Room inside is pretty impressive for rear seat passengers altho the loadspace is Tiny compared to the D3.

First impressions are very good altho i returned home some 35 miles from the dealer and stood admiring it on the drive in the sun when i thought i noticed a kink in the roof panel just forward of the C Pillar, sure enough as i craned my neck from one side to the other there it was......
:twisted:

Not sure if it was done in transportation OR whilst having the roof rails fitted at the dealer but i'm NOT Happy ! :twisted:

I rang the dealer at 5:20 to express my dissatisfaction however the Salesman was busy and hasnt as yet returned my call,

I'm gutted to be honest as its taken the newness straight off it !
My wife has seen it and knows what i'm like at keeping things so pristine so now she is trading on Egg Shells,

Not sure how this will be resolved but i'm not happy its there and i'll always be looking for it :evil:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Sorry to hear that Chalky. Frustrating.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
If you noticed it why didn't the dealer, some of the issues on this forum don't put LR/Dealers in a good light.
Hope you can get sorted but I fear you will always be looking at the roof like I would.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I've no doubt it can be fixed provided it has no broken the paint and is a dent rather than a crease.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Chalky...get it back to the dealer quick....I've had this with a dealer with another premium marque (who I thought was a brilliant and helpful set up etc etc....) they did everything to say that I had done the damage (small ripple on the rear of the roof) and that I had accepted the car blah blah loads of grief....turned out that the delivery driver had actually fell through the top deck of transporter and caught the roof on the way down...only found out by chance from one of the girls on reception in casual conversation....she was telling me that she had to take the driver to local A&E :roll:

Dealer principal choked on humble pie and got it sorted :) so please beware....good luck I hope you get it sorted ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.