Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if I am now going to have to buy a new phone to go with the new car. Checked phone compatibility on the Landrover website and for Apple phones compatibility seems to be only iphone 4s, 6 and 6 plus. Oddly doesn't seem to be compatible with earlier phones or iPhone 5, 5s etc. Does anyone know if this is actually the case? Given the lack of CD player I'd really need a compatible phone so I can stream music but not sure my work will think that's a good enough reason to get me a new phone!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
The iphone 5, 5C and 5S are ALL listed as compatible on the LR UK website...

UPDATED - I checked that on the iPad this morning, and all were there. HOWEVER, on re-checking just now on a PC, I am now asked if the DS has a CD slot or not (answer, no) and then if it has an SD card for nav or not. On answering YES to the SD slot, the iPhone 5/c/s is no longer listed. I then went back and answered 'no' to the SD slot, and the iphone 5/c/s then reappears in the list.

I suspect a coding error on the website, I can't believe that the iphone 5 would be omitted due to the addition of an SD slot for the nav system!

If not, my phone will no doubt change with the car once more - having changed from the iphone 4 to the 5 after I found my 4 would not link to the then 3 year old particular F2 (HSE 60 reg) I bought, despite working OK in other F2s both older and newer!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
It seem to be compatible with any iphone/ ipad that can use iOS6 operating system or newer, I do not think the iphone 3 can use iOS6 and therefore the iPhone4 is the oldest phone that can be used.

·
Registered
677 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Phones coming soon

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
I think this is a mistake and Land Rover have missed the phones off their compatibility system.

If you check on the Jaguar F Type which has InControl fitted then the 5, 5S and 5C are listed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I think it must be a mistake as well - I'll wait until I get the car before jumping in and replacing my phone too!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm not sure about Euro models but the Australian spec one lists Bluetooth for calls + streamed audio. Is that not sufficient?

·
Registered
677 Posts
It's available here as well but some phones aren't on the list, which is probably a misprint, LR are famous for their wonderfully accurate website :roll: :lol:

On LRs website it says you can get calls/music/SMS messaging

·
Registered
175 Posts
Must be time to break out the old landrover phone I spent good money on when I had a Freelander 2 (based on the fact you could run it over without it breaking) only to find it would not connect as the software did not work. Maybe it will this time :roll: :roll: :roll:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.