Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was working out the total cost of running my petrol vs my old diesel DS
Based on my average mpg of 30 vs 39 and the current price premium for Diesel plus the add blue and oil services

it looks like at annual milage below 4800 the petrol is cheaper (plus it will have been short journeys so obviously petrol) above about 5000 miles annual milage diesel wins out as long as you do plenty of longer runs

it gets more complex if you factor wear and tear, insurance and depreciation!
To drive it’s petrol every time (I’m not towing anything) quitter and smoother and more responsive

·
Administrator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
770 Posts
My fuel costs for a gas/petrol engine are about 25% of my running costs per KM, including insurance,maintenance, yearly license fee and fee for vanity plate. . Paid cash so I did not have any finance and interest charges nor can I compute depreciation hopefully for a few more years. I can go for weeks driving no further than 2km each trip or go on a long trip with the engine performing the same.

Petrol so smooth and never sees the inside of the shop, knock on wood. LOL

Reactions: lodgic

·
Registered
874 Posts
Was working out the total cost of running my petrol vs my old diesel DS
Based on my average mpg of 30 vs 39 and the current price premium for Diesel plus the add blue and oil services

it looks like at annual milage below 4800 the petrol is cheaper (plus it will have been short journeys so obviously petrol) above about 5000 miles annual milage diesel wins out as long as you do plenty of longer runs

it gets more complex if you factor wear and tear, insurance and depreciation!
To drive it’s petrol every time (I’m not towing anything) quitter and smoother and more responsive
Agree. 🙂 I’ve found the petrol smoother, quieter and quicker off the mark.

Reactions: lodgic
1 - 3 of 3 Posts