Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

I'm Pete and I am part of the Land Rover Social Media team at the Customer Relationship Centre based in the UK.

I am available to try to assist in resolving any concerns you may be experiencing or provide further assistance where possible.

If you have a concern with your vehicle that you would like assistance with, please PM me with a brief description of the concern and the following information:

Full Name:
Contact No:
Email Address:
Vehicle Reg:
Selling Dealer:

I would be more than happy to assist where possible.

Many thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
73 Posts
Welcome Pete - glad you made the transition from the Evoque forum.
I hope that you don't get a hard time from the chaps here as there are obviously some concerned / disappointed individuals. It may be worth getting a formal LR statement out regarding the delays, then we can all concentrate on the specifics that will inevitably arise from this brand new model for LR.
Personally, loving the car, have a few issues, but prepared to hold my water Until I have spoken to the dealer. Hopefully they will all be sorted out there.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi All,

I know the main topic at the moment is relating to delays.

Firstly I would like to apologise for any delays that any customer have experienced. As I am sure you can appreciate, as a new production model it is vital that any potential concerns are investigated.

When any concerns were identified, unfortunately in order to ensure that this did not affect other vehicles, a temporary hold was placed on a range of vehicles to allow additional quality checks to take place and investigate the concerns raised. While the number of affected vehicles has been very low, we have taken every possible precaution to ensure that vehicles are not being delivered to customers with concerns present.

Customers that have had their estimated delivery dates previous to now and are still awaiting an update should receive an update very shortly from their supplying retailer. However, if you would like me to investigate further, please do not hesitate to PM me with your details including your Factory Order Number (this would be supplied by your retailer) .

Many thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Thanks Pete and I can fully appreciate the necessity to proceed in the way that JLR have (correctly) with regard to the problems that have arisen during production ramp-up. At the end of the day there is no other way to handle such situations and, frustrating as it no is for those customers affected, they would be even less happy if these concerns were not dealt with before their vehicles got out onto the road. Good luck with your new task.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanks Pete, appreciated. For my own part, the two week wait at the end was interminable due to my excitement at getting my hands on the DS, but have to say, it was well worth the wait! I don't know what your colleagues were doing with it between coming out of build on 25/02 and making it to the dealer on 24/03 but I am sure it was worth it, whatever they were doing; my snagging list is still very clean indeed at present - more than I can say for those I do for new construction projects following delivery!!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the replies.

I can certainly appreciate the frustrations that any delays cause, especially considering that many pre ordered their Discovery Sport vehicles last year and have been anxiously waiting. I am sure those who have now received their vehicles will agree that the wait was worth it.

More than happy to investigate or assist with any concerns that people may have moving forwards, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
208 Posts
Pete,
Mine is just for interest really,

How long does it take for the car to go through production from start to coming off production line? How many DS's are being built per day/week at the moment? Has any of the production moved to China?

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm one of the unhappy people, Car arrived at dealer over two weks ago and day before I was due to collect went into quarantine, then back to Landrover where it still sits and has for over a week! Latest update is no cars will be coming from Halewood this week!

My third landrover, most expensive and one I was probaly most excited about as I have increased spec and gone for HSE and an auto. This is really taking the shine off the new car.
Dealer have been very good, kept me informed and given me a jag to keep me mobile as they have my Freelander back. Really wearing thin all this waiting and now I am seeing DS's on the road! Amazed the press have not got hold of this.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
First I would like to thank Pete for getting a very nice lady from LR customer care to phone me regarding my concerns yesterday, she was very helpful.

Steeley my car arrived at the dealers yesterday so don't know where you dealer is getting his information from regarding no cars coming from Halewood.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Charles said:
Pete,
Mine is just for interest really,

How long does it take for the car to go through production from start to coming off production line? How many DS's are being built per day/week at the moment? Has any of the production moved to China?

Thanks
Hi Charles,

More than happy to answer your questions:

- How long does it take for the car to go through production from start to coming off production line?
Approximately 48 hours from the metal coil to the completed car.

- How many DS's are being built per day/week at the moment?
The number fluctuates dependant on current orders / demand, however at Halewood we are currently building a new car every 80 seconds. This is a mixture of both the Evoque and Discovery Sport.

- Has any of the production moved to China?
At present no Discovery Sport is being built in China. We are only building the Evoque in China presently and those vehicles are purely for the Chinese Market only. All other customers across 170+ Global markets will receive a Halewood built Evoque / Discovery Sport.

Many thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Steeley said:
I'm one of the unhappy people, Car arrived at dealer over two weks ago and day before I was due to collect went into quarantine, then back to Landrover where it still sits and has for over a week! Latest update is no cars will be coming from Halewood this week!
Hi Steeley,

Vehicles have been being delivered from the Halewood plant this week and I am sorry to hear you have had a poor experience so far. If you could please PM me with your contact and order details, I would be happy to investigate this further for you.

Many thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
118 Posts
Pete, mine has been on hold at the dealer for over 2 weeks now with no sign of release. Dealer is getting no info from LR.

All I want to know is why LR have gone mute on this issue and not issued a statement, fix or anything else ?

Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Pete, could you please confirm which carpet mats should be in the LUX .The brochure shows two pictures on page 75 of carpet mats and premium carpet mats.The LUX spec on page 41 states premium mats as standard but mine have come with the pipng around the edge and not solid with Land Rover oval logo on them even though I have a LUX model.I am awaiting my dealer reply to my querie.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Creamy,

I have a Lux - the carpet mats are definitely premium mats as they a quite a thick pile compared to the others i've seen. I don't have any piping round nor do i have land rover badging but i do have 'sport' badging on them.

One thing that i've noticed is the foot rest (auto box) is only finished in carpet rather than rubber. So, i will be purchasing some sports pedals shortly to save the carpet from wear.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
srdsol said:
Pete, mine has been on hold at the dealer for over 2 weeks now with no sign of release. Dealer is getting no info from LR.

All I want to know is why LR have gone mute on this issue and not issued a statement, fix or anything else ?

Thanks
Hi Srdsol,

I am sorry to hear of your vehicle delay. I can assure you that we are addressing any concerns and continuing to ensure that any vehicles reaching customers have passed vigorous quality checks.

Any concerns that have been identified during production have resulted in us quarantining potentially affected vehicles to investigate. This has unfortunately led to some delays on customers orders and a change in the estimated delivery dates that were originally provided.

I am happy to look into your order further if you could please PM me with your contact details and order details.

Many thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Creamy said:
Hi Pete, could you please confirm which carpet mats should be in the LUX .The brochure shows two pictures on page 75 of carpet mats and premium carpet mats.The LUX spec on page 41 states premium mats as standard but mine have come with the pipng around the edge and not solid with Land Rover oval logo on them even though I have a LUX model.I am awaiting my dealer reply to my querie.
Hi Creamy,

The carpet matts that are supplied with the Discovery Sport Lux are the premium carpet matts as shown on page 13 of the Accessories eBrochure

I would advise you continue to pursue this with your selling retailer, however should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to PM me with your contact details, vehicle details and the name of the selling retailer.

Many thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks a lot Pete.I knew that there was a main sales brochure but didn't know about the accessory brochure.That's a great help and I will get in touch with you to let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Pete,

Do you have any official word on the 2016 models ?

There are some postings stating that orders are now being changed, and the 2016 spec is being ordered. This includes the new ingenium engines.

I am particularly interested in 4WD with ingenium. If it's been confirmed, what are the engine (power) options available.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Pete,

I am very interested in the same questions that tangey is asking.
Besides, and just out of curiosity, do you have a "color" record ? ( how many cars are produced in each color).
I am surprised that the color "Indus silver" has 0 votes here in this forum.

Thank you.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts