Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday we parked up and while I was away, my wife locked the car while she waited inside by using the button on the passenger door, which we both thought was a good security feature. We found out on my return that the same button doesn't unlock the doors, and I couldn't open them from outside. In the end she physically opened her door using the release lever which then unlocked all the others.

A minor point I know, but assuming the switch is working correctly it seems daft that it can't lock and unlock without having to physically open the door or lean over to the drivers switch. Am I missing something? Can't see anything helpful in the handbook

·
Registered
796 Posts
Where was the key fob when she locked and tried to unlock the doors ?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PaulTheWall said:
Where was the key fob when she locked and tried to unlock the doors ?
In her handbag Paul

·
Registered
796 Posts
My passenger door only has a lock button and the door unlocks with the lever

·
Registered
98 Posts
The other day I put diesel in the car. By habit, while filling the tank I put the key fob in my pocket. As I went to pay, the car auto-locked to the surprise of my other half who was still sitting inside. I hadn't realised it would do this but it is presumably designed to do so once the fob is beyond a few feet from the car. Not a problem and in fact quite a useful security feature in my view as I have previously been in the habit of locking the vehicle while paying if no one was left in the car.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Mine stays unlocked in that situation .... if I pressure wash the car with the fob in my pocket the car repeatedly locks and un locks without me even touching the car or the fob buttons

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PaulTheWall said:
My passenger door only has a lock button and the door unlocks with the lever
Thanks. That's helpful to know. Having a means for the passenger to lock the doors is a great feature if they feel vulnerable. We just weren't prepared for the fact that they couldn't unlock as easily and I wasn't sure if it was a technical glitch on our car.

It's probably because I've been used to the D3, which had the lock/unlock buttons within easy reach of driver and passenger on the centre console.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.