Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone come across a review of the P300e and how it performs off-road...or on snow/ice? For any owners of P300e..how are you finding it in day to day driving and on some of the more extremes things Land Rovers like to tackle?

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'm interested to know this as well. The media releases I've seen from when it was launched have some quotes saying that the P300e has exceeded the off road performance of the other models - whether this is true or not I don't know, but with electric instant torque (to the rear wheels) I can imagine why that might be the case.

While the rear axle can only be driven electrically, don't think that compromises either car's off-road performance. 'Even at a state of zero of charge we're always a four-wheel drive car; never two-wheel drive,' explains engineer Carey. 'There's always a minimum state of charge in the battery, and when you engage off-road mode the powertrain puts more charge into the battery. The target was to match the off-road ability of the non-PHEV cars. We've surpassed that.'

·
Registered
496 Posts
Fairly sure that I read (on here?) the one of the Mitsubishi 4x4s has an electric only rear axle. Boat owners have found it lacking. Heavy boat on the rear, front wheels struggling for grip on the slippery slip way and rear motor stalled as it has nowhere near the output of a 150bhp+ ICE. Granted the DS has a larger rear motor but is it enough?
Can the battery supply enough energy for the rear motor to do the job?

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gjh0702 said:
Yes.. More reviews that don't cover the actual testing of the off road capabilities. Suspect these are more PA standard reviews under different banners.

One of these days some one will dare to take one off road or on a snowy road. The lack of reviews is concerning it's giving the impression LR don't want them tested in that way.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Reviving a thread but I’ve just come across this review of a DS in Land Rover Owner magazine from May 2021 where they put a P300e to the test on a 300 mile road trip including some green laning in the snow. Seems like the off roading wasn’t an issue.

It’s a good overall review and makes a change from the rehashed press releases that are usually found on a search.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have tried it in various occasions and haven't had any issues at all - not extreme conditions though but it copies very well with slippery terrain, mud, rocks etc it just goes over them easily without sweating at all.
Standard factory Michelin almost road tyres, changing to YOKOHAMA G015 next week.
It would be even better 😉 off road.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts