Discovery Sport Forum banner
161 - 179 of 179 Posts

·
Administrator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
770 Posts
I recently removed a post that was associated with the members company in Spain. This was thanks to an other members report

Reactions: Keldw

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mine has now 15000km. I have the problem (actually since long) that the car always starts on engine, even with full battery, then switches to EV sometimes after few hundred meters, sometimes only after a few kms. When driving at constant speed in EV, all of a sudden (with battery over 50%..) engine switches on for a few kms, and then turns of again
Could this also be linked to the coolant heater?
It’ s a pitty that short distances in town can not always be driver full electric, or distances from about 30km annot be 100% electric, but only for about 25km…

·
Registered
4 Posts
You describe exactly the same issue that I have had. Did you try to switch off the ventilator completely (no air, no heating, no cooling) and then drive in EV mode ? I expect that the car will then drive in EV mode without a problem, and I expect that this proves that your hv coolant heater causes the problem. Please see my earlier note on Malfunction of EV mode. For your convenience, I copy the text hereafter:

I own a P300e from December 2020. It has had troubles driving in EV mode (very often “temporarely not available”). I learned from your forum that a malfunction of the high voltage coulant heater may be the cause of the problem. As others have mentioned, when the ventilator is set at zero (no heat, no cooling, no ventilation) the EV mode works fine ! The dealer recently has replaced my hv coolant heater, and, for all to know, the “EV mode temporarely not available” issue has been completely solved ! Finally my P300e drives to full satisfaction. In Hybrid mode, at moderate speed (no quick off start, driving speed below 130km per hour) it starts off in electric mode, and switches to the petrol engine only when the battery is near to empty, as it should be. The EV mode is also available at all times. I can drive 40-45km on a full battery.

·
Registered
60 Posts
You describe exactly the same issue that I have had. Did you try to switch off the ventilator completely (no air, no heating, no cooling) and then drive in EV mode ? I expect that the car will then drive in EV mode without a problem, and I expect that this proves that your hv coolant heater causes the problem. Please see my earlier note on Malfunction of EV mode. For your convenience, I copy the text hereafter:

I own a P300e from December 2020. It has had troubles driving in EV mode (very often “temporarely not available”). I learned from your forum that a malfunction of the high voltage coulant heater may be the cause of the problem. As others have mentioned, when the ventilator is set at zero (no heat, no cooling, no ventilation) the EV mode works fine ! The dealer recently has replaced my hv coolant heater, and, for all to know, the “EV mode temporarely not available” issue has been completely solved ! Finally my P300e drives to full satisfaction. In Hybrid mode, at moderate speed (no quick off start, driving speed below 130km per hour) it starts off in electric mode, and switches to the petrol engine only when the battery is near to empty, as it should be. The EV mode is also available at all times. I can drive 40-45km on a full battery.

I tried to switch off the ventilator but that didn’t help, or do you mean something else by switching off everything? How did you do that exactly?

·
Registered
4 Posts
First you push the start/stop button without pushing your foot on the brake (so the system is on, but the engine won’t start).
Then you push the ventilator button, and turn the ventilator to zero.
Now you select the EV mode (there will be a blue EV indication on the panel).
Then you start (with your foot pushing the brake), and the car will drive in EV mode without a problem. At least my car did ! Obviously driving without ventilation/heating/cooling is not as it should be. After my dealer has replaced the hv coolant heater for a new one, my car performs as it should do (in hybrid mode, the car starts and drives electric, untill the battery is nearly empty) and I am a 100% happy. All p300e cars should perform in this manner. I’d appreciate hearing your progress in this matter. Best regards.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I tried last weekend and it works: the procedure as described makes the car start indeed in EV. After a few km I switched on the HV on and immediately the engine started… and no EV possible anymore…

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can only assume that your hv coolant heater needs replacement as it did with my car.
After which hopefully the car will start and drive in electric mode untill the battery is nearly empty.
This is how all p300e cars should perform. If your dealer comes up with issues, you may suggest them to contact my dealer in the Netherlands for more details. Don't rest untill the EV issue is solved, I would suggest.
Best wishes

·
Registered
60 Posts
I go to the dealer tomorrow, I’ll keep you posted. Does anyone know if the repalcement parts are better quality? This seems an engineering mistake so I hope hey re-engineered this part?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Dealer installed software update, which obviously didnt help, so phoned back with again the full history and the above mentioned test i performed. They know seem to acknowledge that it’ s the coolant heater, they looked at the computerdata from yesterday and confirmed they now order the replacement part. No timing yet on availability, hopefully not too long. Does anyone know if the new parts have another design or better quality?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dealer installed software update, which obviously didnt help, so phoned back with again the full history and the above mentioned test i performed. They know seem to acknowledge that it’ s the coolant heater, they looked at the computerdata from yesterday and confirmed they now order the replacement part. No timing yet on availability, hopefully not too long. Does anyone know if the new parts have another design or better quality?
I was wondering if the issue had been solved by now ? Does your car drive with the electric engine untill the battery is nearly empty ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had this issue unfortunately the back end of 2021. The dealership replaced the faulty part and up to yesterday it worked without fault. However it is now doing the exact same thing, I've just called the dealership again to try and get it resolved to be told this is the THIRD vehicle they have seen with the same repeat issue .. fantastic!

·
Registered
344 Posts
My HVCH failed after 1350 miles at three weeks old in March and was replaced within ten days. I was driving it last week and suddenly felt a thunk & the ICE kicked in with numerous warnings on the dashboard. Called LR assist, their technician found HVCH fault & also EV motor fault. It’s now back at the dealers awaiting further diagnostic tests after 3150 miles !
Booking it in the service advisor said I should have received a recall notice in June (which I hadn’t) but she showed me a copy of the service bulletin & that mirrored what I had experienced with loss of EV drive with a ‘thunk‘ when driving the previous week.

·
Registered
1,5 P300e Signature SE+ - 2021
6 Posts
This morning I had my 12 months service performed. They talked about a “campaign update” that would be performed at no charge. Only now I read the description of what the N673 campaign is. Marked in attached pic it invoice
Font Material property Rectangle Parallel Design

·
Registered
367 Posts
This morning I had my 12 months service performed. They talked about a “campaign update” that would be performed at no charge. Only now I read the description of what the N673 campaign is. Marked in attached pic it invoice View attachment 11964
Do you know what, if anything, was done? I cannot find any more detail about the N673 campaign online - but I've just checked my car on Topix and it is also listed as an outstanding campaign for me. I haven't been contacted by LR, so presumably they're just waiting until vehicles go in for a service or other reason.

Tire Wheel Font Screenshot Automotive tire

161 - 179 of 179 Posts