Discovery Sport Forum banner
121 - 140 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've seen nothing in the media. And from my experience with JLR customer services so far it's apparent they really don't give a rats. I've not heard from them in weeks. Your's will only get worse over time. One way of proving it's the HV heater is to switch off the entire HVAC system from the screen (button top right) and your EV should work fine. Switch it back on and car goes straight to ICE mode.
If you get LR assist out they should be able to pull fault codes. Book it in to dealer but take in a copy of the JLR service message 75186 from earlier in post. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've seen nothing in the media. And from my experience with JLR customer services so far it's apparent they really don't give a rats. I've not heard from them in weeks. Your's will only get worse over time. One way of proving it's the HV heater is to switch off the entire HVAC system from the screen (button top right) and your EV should work fine. Switch it back on and car goes straight to ICE mode.
If you get LR assist out they should be able to pull fault codes. Book it in to dealer but take in a copy of the JLR service message 75186 from earlier in post. Good luck.
Sorry to butt in here (we have an Evoque P300e) and our experience is exactly the same. Car first displayed issues in early November. High voltage heater issue finally diagnosed in January and we have been waiting ever since. No update from dealer and JLR customer services simply stating that the part is not available.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Basically same time line as me. When they say part not available assume they mean they don't have a delivery date - thats what they keep telling me anyway. I've given up asking as it just stresses me out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just found this after a Google search on I-Pace website - not looking good.........

#7 · Feb 22, 2022

I had a further update as follows:
Apparently, the heating element that is at fault in your car as well as others has been replaced by Jaguar with a new design of heating element for which there was a waiting time of 6 - 8 weeks.

Jaguar has advised however that faults have now been found with this new heating element so they have had to stop production of it and they are currently working on a new solution.

No lead time has been issued as of yet whilst they work their way through this.
I took delivery of my car on the 6th Dec, the heating element packed up on the 29th Dec, I took a loan car on the 12th Jan and it looks like the earliest I’ll get my car back is mid-April onwards. I’m afraid “Bally24” 2-4 weeks sounds rather optimistic

I keep asking myself, why didn’t I go for a Tesla, at least they’ve got the infrastructure and support

·
Registered
13 Posts
We have same issue with my 1 year old P300e - EV temporarily unavailable. I also had an engine management warning light that was diagnosed by LR Assistance as being a faulty actuator bolt, engine was sounding like a bag of nails. Garage told me that they had replaced this, reset everything and all was well, including the EV system. When I collected the car last week I started it up, straight to petrol and EV temporarily unavailable on the dash. So gave the keys back and kept the loan car. Had a call today to say that it's the high voltage heater, it's on back order and they have no date yet when it will be available. Clearly the car wasn't fixed when I was invited to collect it last week. Loan car is a Disco 5 HSE. 20mpg around town...

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have same issue with my 1 year old P300e - EV temporarily unavailable. I also had an engine management warning light that was diagnosed by LR Assistance as being a faulty actuator bolt, engine was sounding like a bag of nails. Garage told me that they had replaced this, reset everything and all was well, including the EV system. When I collected the car last week I started it up, straight to petrol and EV temporarily unavailable on the dash. So gave the keys back and kept the loan car. Had a call today to say that it's the high voltage heater, it's on back order and they have no date yet when it will be available. Clearly the car wasn't fixed when I was invited to collect it last week. Loan car is a Disco 5 HSE. 20mpg around town...
I have made the point (very politely) to Land Rover that we now have an essentially petrol engined car (quite a thirsty one) and not what we paid for. No real response and certainly no attempt to explain why there is such an issue in obtaining spare parts.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Don't think that the DS is the only LR product that is suffering from HV heater failure. A college has two (his and hers) RRS under two years old, both waiting for HV heaters, been told today that they should have parts in around 6 weeks. Then there's the wait to get them fitted.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Don't think that the DS is the only LR product that is suffering from HV heater failure. A college has two (his and hers) RRS under two years old, both waiting for HV heaters, been told today that they should have parts in around 6 weeks. Then there's the wait to get them fitted.
Pretty sure someone else mentioned on this thread that the premature failure of these heaters (not specifically this same one) is common across many EV manufacturers, so it’s not even a JLR specific issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue here on my March 21' Disco Sport P300e. JLR stating there is currently 'no fix available', my local dealer has 20+ customers with the same issue - with Jag iPace owners having to simply abandon their vehicles at the dealership as they cannot be driven due to misting windscreens! I have 'raised a case' with customer services to understand options and any compensation and will report back if I hear anything. As per an earlier post, service rep stated that I could probably secure a loan car via LR assist if desired, and also mentioned that he expected a full recall of all vehicles affected by the faulty HV heater (within JLR and beyond).....once they have a fix.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had this issue occur back in July 21 on a new car that I picked up in January 21. The heater was replaced under warranty in September 31 but the same fault reoccurred around Christmas. The car was booked in for first service late January 22 just before 1st anniversary so thought I’d hold fire as I was without the car in 2021 for a total of 10 weeks. Just prior to taking in for service, not only did I have the same heater issue but the car failed to shut down thus draining the high voltage battery to the point I’d lose 30% over night. Land Rover assist (LRA) tried to diagnose issue. I requested that they check the output from auxiliary 12v battery whilst car was dormant only to establish that the negative battery terminal had been left loose post technicians work back in the previous Sept 21 so I’d been driving around with this all this time. LRA tightened terminal tried a hard reset of the high voltage system but car still failed to shut down. The car has been in the garage now for another 7 weeks at time of writing. The fault has been traced to a faulty auxiliary battery distribution box that I now await delivery on. There’s no guarantee that this will cure issue meanwhile it’s me paying for the car including tax and insurance and also having to fork out fuel for a curtesy car, needless to say I shall be seeking compensation for all this. I’m almost at the point of pulling the plug on the whole deal as the car is not fit for purpose.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had the same problems intermittently, no EV then after 5 miles or so it cuts in and then sometimes out again. It is not the cold, night time temperatures have been circa 8 degrees. It sound to me like this should be a recall job for all JLR PHEVS. Has any of the media picked up on this problem? Nothing like a bit of media attention to concentrate the mind and reduce sales.
My almost one-year-old Discovery Hybrid Sport is also experiencing EV issues and for me its in and out of the garage in an attempt to repair the car. At this moment, I'm hugely fed-up with these issues and my garage & Dutch importer constantly telling me that they NOW have found the answer to the problems, but they never do ... and again, problems keep occurring. So my advice to you; keep your phone at hand always, and take pictures each time the EV falls out or whatever mistake this time. I even have a notebook on my dashboard to keep a log of all the issues. And mail them regularly to my garage, and the importer, and LandRover Benelux. At this point, they do believe me but are still reluctant to take the car back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had similar issues. The car seemed to work ok for a while and now it is 99% in ICE mode with "EV temporarily unavailable" message when try to force into EV mode. I took it to the LandRover dealership and they say there is no issue and car is working as it is supposed to! It is booked in again as I didn't accept their response. Really bad experience and the reaction of Land Rover in Slough has been very disappointing.
Very recognizable; I'm struggling with similar issues for almost a year now with my brand new Discovery: So my advice to you; keep your phone at hand always, and take pictures each time the EV falls out or whatever mistake this time. I even have a notebook on my dashboard to keep a log of all the issues, and I mail them to the garage, importer and LandRover Benelux. What else is there to do?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a March 21 evoque p300e - I’ve had EV issues where the car just suddenly decided to kick the engine on despite being in EV mode and won’t switch back. It’s spent a total of 10 weeks at the dealership since sept . I’ve had software updates, a new rear electric driver unit but they decided it was a “build up of static” and have put “hydrogel” on something - basically the car is not fixed. EV mode is constantly overridden by the petrol engine and it seems random when it happens.

it’s going back again this week. I’ve had £1000 compensation from land rover so I hope you are all getting the same. The EV engineer told me it might be a high voltage coolant thing ????? But basically he has not idea .
I’ve already told them I’m about to give the car back and want a full refund for a car that’s never worked right .

seems like they just aren’t there withEV/hybrid technology ☹
Hi, I am in a very similar - very unpleasant - situation with my new Disco Hybrid Sport, also asked to refund the car, but still the importer wants another attempt (like the 8th of 10th one) to try to repair the car. Can I ask if they did repair or refund the car? regards, Ingrid

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well after sending another caustic e-mail to JLR reminding them there had been no up-dates on the part for weeks I got a call from dealer to say the HV Heater was in and car is booked in this Monday for the heater fix and to replace noisy drive shaft bearing. They may need it for two days and of course no courtesy car available until end of May they tell me - they only have two. Which doesn't sound like many considering. Will post up-dates after work is done. I also included a breakdown of the £800 of fuel I reckion I have had to use because of the cars inabilty to run on battery. They seemed to hint that there would be some compensation - we shall see how that pans out.

·
Administrator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
705 Posts
Mc Tyke

When I had a Merc and there was no loaner they would supply a car from a rental company, and once with with my Discovery they gave me a salesman's private car to use. Push for one of these options.

·
Registered
149 Posts
My Disco 300e was diagnosed the faulty heater in early December and the dealer even got the part a week later.
But they are still missing one cable which is needed for de-activating the high voltage parts before service. Bosch Special Tools Europe are not able to estimate a delivery time.
Meanwhile, I got a nice bunch of credit cards for free petrol.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You have my sympathy. I got a call from dealer at 4.30 yesterday (I dropped car in at 8.00am as planned ) to say they also need the same cable before they can work on the heater part and as they share it with the Jaguar dealer in Glasgow car would not be ready and may not be ready today either. I asked why this was as they knew my car was booked in for the Monday. Silence from the service girl.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Last year I bought the hybrid version of the Discovery Sport because most of my journeys are 30 miles or less. I reasoned that I could therefore get by with very little petrol use, but the petrol engine would be available when I undertook longer journeys. Recently, the car has been greeting me with the message, "EV temporarily unavailable". This message, annoyingly, lasts for about the same time as it takes for me to drive into town and back, a journey of about 2 miles. It rather defeats the object. Am I missing something? Can anyone tell me how to set the car to use ONLY the electric motor when I want to?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Plenty on this forum for P300e issues.

121 - 140 of 160 Posts