Discovery Sport Forum banner
101 - 120 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes -I have a print of that and showed it to LR Assist engineer at the weekend. He never bothered to look at it or acknowledge it- just said dealer would sort it when it goes in 6 January.
Driving home last night when the interior was warm enough I switched off the HVAC system and it went immediately in to EV mode. Couldn't do it for long though with freezing ambient temp.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My p300e has had a day in the dealership today with their EV Technician. The "EV Temporarily Not Available" issue has been diagnosed as a fault with the High Voltage Coolant Heater (thanks FThewlis, your post certainly helped hasten the diagnosis). Again the part is on back order, a date couldn't be provided. As the works are expected to take 10 hours, mine is preliminary booked in for just before xmas when they have a loan car available.
The heater was replaced with new and car is now working fine.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I was supposed to have the fix today. They have the heater but they didn’t realise they cannot use the same high voltage de-activating tools they have for the bigger Landies.
No idea when the tools will arrive.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Car in to dealer today. They just called to confirn needs HV Heater part as well as drive shaft bearing replaced. They don't have an ETA on the heater part just yet but when they get it they will need car 2 days. But they are saying they will provide courtesy car. So hopefully sorted soon. Fairly happy with that.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Looks like this - or a variant - is the culprit:

Definitely Webasto - it’s certainly possible? Other manufacturers also make this type of heater.

This is the full part; Genuine High Voltage Heater (1.5l Aj20p3 Petrol High Phev,halewood (uk),pre-condition W/ofuel Operated Heat) ((v)from Lh000001) For Land Rover New Range Rover Evoque 2019 > | Jaguar Land Rover Classic Parts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got the same issue on mine MY2021 P300e DS HSE.
Interestingly many of these grumbles over the heater seem to start in December, mine has been an issue since then. Just a thought, has a SW updated b*ggered the heater? Is it possible to roll back the SW?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Problems with mine started early November so not sure what SW up-date it was on. LR Customer Service now handed me back to dealer who will call me once a week to tell me they have no idea when the part will be available.:ROFLMAO: If anyone on here with same issue gets to hear anything about delivery date of the HV heater part I'd be grateful for an up-date.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve been suffering the same EV problem on my MY21 P300e since September - the dealer finally diagnosed it 29th Dec - still no word when they will be able to repair it. Disappointing to say the least :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got OS 2.1.6 on 3rd Nov. I would say there is a slight improvement in that I can get onto battery earlier and stay on it for longer. However it is far from the original and expected: turn car on and drive on battery until it runs out.

Mine went into the dealership today and they have diagnosed the coolant heater as expected. As other posters, there is no date on availability of the part as yet.
Got ours back today after first service and HV coolant heater replacement. Pleased to report the car is back to the way it should be. IE climate and EV working at the same time.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Did they do both operations within one working day?
I am waiting for the same to happen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good Morning,

I'm curious to see if anyone has had the same experience with their P300e.

This morning, while in Hybrid mode, I noticed that the petrol engine was running rather than the EV as it normally does on short trips. After about 15 mins, I pulled up at some lights and switched it off and then back on again. The car pulls away in EV and all seemed fine. A little later the petrol cuts in again and remains on, I try and force EV but get the following message "EV temporarily not available". Once again, pull over, switch off the car, switch it back on, EV works fine until the petrol cuts in again and we are back into the same cycle.

Interestingly, the EV is working because if you put your foot down or go up a hill, you feel and see the EV engine cut in to support the petrol.

Has anyone had anything similar happen with their P300e?

Thanks
I have had similar issues. The car seemed to work ok for a while and now it is 99% in ICE mode with "EV temporarily unavailable" message when try to force into EV mode. I took it to the LandRover dealership and they say there is no issue and car is working as it is supposed to! It is booked in again as I didn't accept their response. Really bad experience and the reaction of Land Rover in Slough has been very disappointing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had the same problems intermittently, no EV then after 5 miles or so it cuts in and then sometimes out again. It is not the cold, night time temperatures have been circa 8 degrees. It sound to me like this should be a recall job for all JLR PHEVS. Has any of the media picked up on this problem? Nothing like a bit of media attention to concentrate the mind and reduce sales.

101 - 120 of 161 Posts