Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my disco 16 engine management light came on. Checked on a OBD reader I had and it showed P225, O2 sensor error.

I took it to garage nearby they cleared the code and said should be ok and the engine light went away. Its back on now again, showing same error. Tried online could not find anything. Has anyone had this before? Any info would be really helpful.
Font Rectangle Display device Technology Gadget

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi my disco 16 engine management light came on. Checked on a OBD reader I had and it showed P225, O2 sensor error.

I took it to garage nearby they cleared the code and said should be ok and the engine light went away. Its back on now again, showing same error. Tried online could not find anything. Has anyone had this before? Any info would be really helpful. View attachment 11479
A google search of "p2251 land rover" returns lots of info, including some YouTube stuff.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks poleposition, I did see more articles which was not showing up before.
Yes Canuk, gonna take it back to garage. Hopefully it's the sensor, I was worried it might be related to start of DPF issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks poleposition, I did see more articles which was not showing up before.
Yes Canuk, gonna take it back to garage. Hopefully it's the sensor, I was worried it might be related to start of DPF issues.
What happened in the end? I've just bought a 2016 discovery sport TD4 and have the same issue. I cleared the code, managed 3 trips of about 12 miles each and then the light came back on. I've booked it into a land rover dealer as its covered by a 3 month warranty , hopefully its just the sensor that needs replacing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Booked into garage next week as light kept coming back. I'm thinking new O2 sensor. Unfortunately P0674 error came too when they checked last time. Looks like glow plug might need changing. Make sure you use the 3 month warranty well!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts