Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Anybody familiar with this code? Low boost pressure. Looks like it’s fairly common. I ran through a list of things to check, but not finding anything obvious. I’ve read owners have purchased the cheaper turbo on Amazon with good results. Any advice on anything above?

·
Administrator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
770 Posts
Low boost can also be caused by the waste gate, also hi boost pressure.

·
Administrator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
770 Posts
With newer cars it will be hard to test with diy tools as there are so many sensors and computer links involved .

But I think you have a 2016 model and it will have a Ford motor in it so more shops can take on the work.

Reactions: Budro574

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With newer cars it will be hard to test with diy tools as there are so many sensors and computer links involved .

But I think you have a 2016 model and it will have a Ford motor in it so more shops can take on the work.
Yup. Says FoMoCo on the block. Couldn’t believe it. Had to do some research. Pretty simple engine design, but surprised ford gave it to LR. Not sure how difficult it would be to do the turbo. I need a shop manual, but at 250$….. smh…..

·
Registered
407 Posts
surprised ford gave it to LR.
Ford used to own JLR and sold them to Tata around 2008 if memory serves .
There are still a few shared bits, even now. The V6 in my XF is a PSA/Ford unit and even the joystick that adjusts the steering column is identical to the mirror adjuster joystick I had in my Ford Granada back in the mid 90's.

Reactions: Budro574

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m taking it to the stealership for diag. Let ya know what I find. Research is leaning me toward a turbo, but I don’t want to replace something without a confirmation. the turbos going for 350 US on amazon with good reviews. Not bad at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts