Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has gone for the Ostuni Pearl White? I placed my order for a Santorini Black two weeks back and didn't see the Pearl white on a colour block in the showroom so I just discounted it. Plus the misses said why would I pay extra for white when I can just get the Fuji White :roll: . But it got me thinking and after a few searches I literally cannot find anything about the colour option except for an article from Halewood - https://teamtalk.jaguarlandrover.com/news/paint-team-lifts-the-lid-on-cost-saving-project-which-will-save-halewood-92-000-on-22my-cars

Next question is, can I change the colour option once I have placed the order, order is still in the holding pool.

Cheers!

·
Registered
27 Posts
We are having a similar dilemma - ours is currently configured as Byron Blue but the Ostuni Pearl White looked nice in the configurator, which is the only place I've seen it. The shade looks a bit like BMC Snowberry White for those with long memories! The dealer said he would let us know before the spec is "locked in". Urban Edition lets you have any colour at no extra cost.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ostino Pearl White is a replacement for Yulong Pearl White and I believe is available from 22MY vehicles.

I believe you can change colour up to when the order is moved from 'Sales order bank' into the 'Manufacturing Order bank' which can be a few weeks prior to the build date, as that is when order is fully locked down and no further changes can be made.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you follow the Land Rover Facebook page, they posted a short video of a Fuji White DS - in the comments they have posted a CG image of Ostuni Pearl White - a different view from what I've seen in the configurator. Not as good as a real photo but it's a start.

·
Banned
74 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MarkAB said:
If you follow the Land Rover Facebook page, they posted a short video of a Fuji White DS - in the comments they have posted a CG image of Ostuni Pearl White - a different view from what I've seen in the configurator. Not as good as a real photo but it's a start.
Thanks Mark, I just checked out the page. The computer generated version looks really good to me because I personally like the off-white/creamy tinge and I imagine it'll really stand out in the sun. But the inspiration for the colour comes from Ostuni (Italy), and the buildings there are chalky white.. Hopefully we'll get to see a discovery sport with the Ostuni white before our builds freeze.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Way318 said:
Ostino Pearl White is a replacement for Yulong Pearl White and I believe is available from 22MY vehicles.

I believe you can change colour up to when the order is moved from 'Sales order bank' into the 'Manufacturing Order bank' which can be a few weeks prior to the build date, as that is when order is fully locked down and no further changes can be made.
Thanks that is good to know!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TheGavver said:
Not the most clear of images, but I found an Evoque in Ostuni in an article online: doesn't look much different to any other white from that snippet!

https://teamtalk.jaguarlandrover.com/news/halewood-s-first-ostuni-white-car-has-left-the-building
I contacted JLR regarding the Ostuni White Pearl and if there were any additional pictures or description related to the colour. There response was:

We didn't really take any close-up shots of the car when we wrote the article you refer to below, it was more for the people who work in the factory.

I have spoken to our team in the paint shop to see if they could advise and they told me that the pearl coat in Ostuni paint really needs sunshine to show the true colour and sparkle and this is quite hard to capture in a photo unfortunately! They've told me because of this, the computer generator doesn't really do it justice, but hopefully this means you won't be disappointed when your new vehicle arrives!

Not super helpful, possibly a bit off putting as well since it sounds like a white with some sparkle in the sun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts