Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All
Just signed up for DSport HSE in Scotia Grey with Ebony and a few extras.. delivery as soon as poss...not bothered about reg numbers...on private plate anyway...

Currently run RRS...before that HSE Freelanders...had 3 in total...fine car.

Not sure about all the fuss about new engines...the 2.2 is a good lump, maybe a bit dirty and not the best on fuel but its a big banging diesel...they say the new ingenium engine is 80Kg lighter...must be made out of ally foil!!

Anyway can't wait for new DSport. :D

·
Registered
677 Posts
Welcome

HSE, nice choice. I've went HSE in Firenze Red with heated steering wheel and privacy glass.

·
Registered
562 Posts
slider said:
Hello All
Just signed up for DSport HSE in Scotia Grey with Ebony and a few extras.. delivery as soon as poss...not bothered about reg numbers...on private plate anyway...

Not sure about all the fuss about new engines...the 2.2 is a good lump, maybe a bit dirty and not the best on fuel but its a big banging diesel...they say the new ingenium engine is 80Kg lighter...must be made out of ally foil!!

Hi-yah. Like you run the merry brigade of LR products. Amazed the igneium engine is that much lighter, but agree with the 2.2.

I ordered last month & my dealer promised me the first car at their dealership for March '15. We'll see.

·
Registered
5 Posts
slider said:
Hello All

I've had the pleasure of owning both the Disco 3 and Disco 4 and living in the remote highlands, putting them through their paces on the most challenging of terrain. They are extraordinarily capable cars and wonderful examples of British engineering.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dealer currently telling me early Feb...numbers don't bother me as I'm on a private plate and to be honest in all of the many cars I've owned and px'd the number has meant not a lot...I am also being told that the new inge engine won't be in DS till MY16...may be introduced as a eco version 2WD earlier but not much....really annoys me all the BS being spouted by people about the 2.2 lump....didn't stop FL2 selling....and of course we all know that Ewok has been a sales flop due to the 2.2 engine!!!!!!....

·
Registered
562 Posts
slider said:
Dealer currently telling me early Feb...numbers don't bother me as I'm on a private plate and to be honest in all of the many cars I've owned and px'd the number has meant not a lot...I am also being told that the new inge engine won't be in DS till MY16...may be introduced as a eco version 2WD earlier but not much....really annoys me all the BS being spouted by people about the 2.2 lump....didn't stop FL2 selling....and of course we all know that Ewok has been a sales flop due to the 2.2 engine!!!!!!....
Exactly!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I was also considering a second hand RRS (petrol V8) but decided to wait for the smaller and less thirsty (and perhaps more up-to-date) Disco Sport.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts