Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

New to the forum today!

I currently have a two year old Freelander 2 HSE Lux in black which I have just signed the paperwork today to trade in for a new Discovery Sport HSE in Fuji white, auto, black interior with black design pack, heated seats throughout (and steering wheel!!), adaptive lights and privacy glass. Should be nice!

Expected delivery in early June.

I have been amused by some of the reviews regarding the 2.2 engine. It seems a bit harsh to suggest that this motor has had its day, yes, it isn't as quiet as some of the German offerings, or as frugal, but it has a great spread of power and is very well proven. I have had three Freelander 2's (two TD4's and an SD4), all of which have been great to drive, this same engine though in the Sport is like a completely different unit as it is mated to the 9 speed auto from the Evoque. It smoother, with a much better pick up than in the FL, in my opinion.

Looking forward to seeing some on the roads now!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Welcome to what seemingly is becoming the 'dark side'......you join a happy bunch of warriors who according to the ones who say 'they know' are buying motor which is a curse to mankind....something which is not worthy of the Landrover name has no off road ability whatsoever...doubtless they will say pictures of it being driven round Eastnor up to its waist in mud and water are the work of a graphics man and photoshop....it has an engine which is the work of the devil.... :evil:

.....still I've spent the thick end of £44K on one and I could not be happier about it..... :D

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
:twisted: One by one we will assimilate them the the DS collective :lol:

·
Registered
677 Posts
We will stand toghether brothers and sisters and wear our Land Rover badges with pride :lol:

Welcome Neiloid, looks a well spec'ed motor.

·
Registered
506 Posts
A warm welcome neiloid! Nicely specced and great colour (well I would say that, being a Fuji convert).

·
Registered
344 Posts
Welcome to the forum Neiloid.
Agree fully with your engine comments.
Enjoy your DS / nice spec.

HSE Auto, Kaikoura Stone, almond interior, privacy glass, spare wheel, bright finish treadplates, flaps, rubber mats, 3 USBs, traffic sign recognition.
Delivery to dealer March end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.