Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
Just ordered my new Disco Sport and have been told by the dealer it's likely June or July delivery. I hope the 6 month wait is worth it!
I'll be interested to hear everyone's thoughts are once they've got theirs. I ended up going for the HSE with in Scotia Grey / Ebony with panoramic roof and tow pack.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Great, long time to wait, but something to look forward to. What engines are you offered in Oz?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Standard 7 seater in Australia? Can you combine tow pack with (full) spare?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Engine choice is TD4, SD4 or Si4. I doubt many people will go for the Petrol but I've been wrong before!

We can option either 5 or 7 seats. I personally went for 5 and I think a lot of others will do too because of restrictive child seat laws in Australia. It's compulsory to use a car seat with tether for a child under 8 years old and there are no anchor points for the +2 seats, so you can only put children in them from age 8.

Regarding the tow pack - AFAIK You can option a tow pack with the full size spare provided you only have 5 seats (as I have done)... at least... that's what they've told me :) Our tow packs are dealer fit though and not the stow away ones available in Europe. They might be different.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK - after much discussion with the wife we've decided to change to the 5+2. We think that it may come in handy in future and potentially might mean easier resale as well. We do lose the full size spare and get a space saver instead, but in the scheme of things, probably not a big deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts