Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Week before Xmas I ordered with a delivery date of March 27th. On order HSE auto, Loire Blue, black interior (for kids), service pack, privacy glass, Outdoor pack, front/rear mud flaps , rubber mats, rubber boot liner, and Fixed Side Steps.
It's for a family car, my wife currently has a fiesta, so it will def be a big improvement. We have 2 kids, a bernese mountain dog and a horse. So extra space will be appreciated! Never had a LR before but always fancied a full size discovery. If the sport goes well I am hoping to get the Next Full Size Discovery when in launches in a couple years. We will keep +2 seats flat so have big boot. Although on order we have until Friday to make any amendments. I am test driving on Friday afternoon. I need to decide auto or manual. My wife fancies manual as she has never had an auto and she will be main driver. Any thoughts on auto or manual for 're sale etc? Also tempted to change from Loire Blue, to Scotia Grey or Corris Grey. Any thoughts would be great help. Tempted by black pack but already topping 42k and don't want total spend to go up. Manual would bring it down to 2k. :eek: :? :shock:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was in a similar situation with my wife around auto or manual. She had never driven an auto and didn't particularly want to. However, I convinced her that the modern auto box was the way to go - three cars later (she currently has a Freelander 2 SD4 auto) and she would not go back to a manual. My personal view is that an auto box will always be more desirable at re-sale as the majority of buyers, especially of premium brands, now expect/want an auto.

With regards to colour, I have a Scotia grey Discovery and think it looks great - has a slight blue hint to it, so a bit different to the standard metallic greys.

Matt

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really helpful Matt, I prefer the option of Auto, I just don't want to be frustrated by wife complaining about it being slow to change gears etc when pulling off at lights etc in comparison to DIY manual. I fancy the Scotia Grey for sure. Wife liking the Blue. It's a family car, but she will be the main driver as I will be at Work via my Van. Looking forward to it. On a side note I hope this ship load of cars which includes over 1000 evokes from the same factory as the Disco Sports doesn't cause delay. Apparently they will all be destroyed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have had the VW DSG box and the LR auto box and it is as good - smooth and no issues with pulling away quickly - I believe the new auto box on the DS is even better than current version we have on the Freelander. I don't believe you would regret going for the auto over the manual - the reviews I have read also suggest the same.

Our Freelander is coming up for 3 years old in April so looking to change shortly but its a question of timing for me. Do I wait for the new engine, even if I don't is it better to wait six months in which time you may get a discount on list price and how much will the retained value of these first cars be impacted when the new engined cars saturate the market - the real question is how much do I really care about the answers to those questions. Still very tempted to order one now!

·
Registered
677 Posts
I've went manual, I have a D4 at the moment, the autos nice but hunts around to much for gears so test drove manual DS and loved it, a nice shift very smooth.

Either or will no doubt give endless pleasure.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
J77, thanks. Interesting that you are going down from a D4 to a DS. It will seem a whole lot more like a car and much smaller. We are test driving a manual this afternoon and hopefully getting a a short test in an auto but apparently that is booked out. Tempted by the 2k saving to be honest, and its what wife fancies.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I've went from D3 to Fl2 to Fl2 to Evoque to Fl2 to D4 now DS :lol: the DS should be a good all rounder, small but spacious and lower running costs.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We test drove both a manual and an auto, and went for the Auto!
So we have on order HSE Auto, Loire Blue, black interior (for kids), service pack, black privacy glass, Outdoor pack which includes; front/rear mud flaps , rubber mats, rubber boot liner, and Fixed Side Steps. I really fancy the fixed side steps.

I'm still hoping my next vehicle will be the 2016 Full Size Disco. I do hope it retains some of its rugged boxy appeal, and isnt just a stretched version of DS SPort with a stepped roof.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Think the FF Disco will be different to the DS, so I don't think you need to worry.

The DS is quite low, so you may find the side steps create more hassle getting in and gets your trousers dirty....not necessary IMHO. Side bars maybe a better bet.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That was my thinking, i have 2 kids under 2, and also it will help if we get a luggage box on the roof. Not too long now! :ugeek:

·
Registered
677 Posts
I fancy the side bars on my one. I'll look into it once my one arrives.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think its just me and J77 that are excited about getting their new DS!!
I might give the dealer a call to see how we are doing with delivery dates...

·
Registered
163 Posts
DamienWyn said:
I think its just me and J77 that are excited about getting their new DS!!
I might give the dealer a call to see how we are doing with delivery dates...
We're pretty excited here too, but delivery for Canada isn't expected until late April/May and we've been lusting since the rumour mill started a year ago, only to get a slight reprieve when it was available for order in late November and finalised our order early December.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Excited as well. Latest info from dealer was going to build on 27.02.15 with a delivery date of 20.03.15. (Subject to change either way though).

·
Registered
562 Posts
J77 said:
FYI. If you have any accessory fitted for delivery it will be covered by the factory 3 year warranty. Any accessory fitted after is only covered for 12 months.
:cool:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I paid deposit / ordered just before Xmas and was told delivery at the end of March. I had to the second week in Jan for changes, now being told delivery is moved forward to first week in March. Yey!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Triple7 said:
J77 said:
FYI. If you have any accessory fitted for delivery it will be covered by the factory 3 year warranty. Any accessory fitted after is only covered for 12 months.
:cool:
If I get them fitted within 1 month or 1000mls of date of registration they are covered for 3 years after that it's 12months unlimited mileage.

My ones still end of March delivery. My salesman had me going, I got a text saying "it's in the showroom" I got all excited only for him to text back "the showroom car"

I'm going to go up for a play around, I think it's scotia grey.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts