Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an HSE in December, due for delivery in April (hopefully).

A bit of background to my order (particularly since I ordered without seeing or driving, and in fact I still haven't seen one in the metal):

I previously ran a Freelander for 3 years, which I loved, but for me the boot was way too small, and the rear legroom was very poor also. With a rear facing car seat installed the front passenger had to sit in a very forward upright position. Basically, it's too small inside considering the size outside.

When it was time for a new company car I spent a few months having a good look at the market. The best 4x4 that met my basic requirements for space and not being a cheap Japanese or Korean box was the Jeep Grand Cherokee. Great value for money, nice 6 cylinder engine and a great 8 speed auto. And of course lots of space. I picked the Jeep up in November last year.

So far I really like the Jeep, although considering its large exterior size one would have expected even more interior space, and there seems to be something about the driving position that make it rather unwieldy around the city. It's only 1cm wider than the FL2, but getting it around tight corners in car parks and in to narrow spaces is tricky. I seem to navigate very slowly in such spaces and I'm sure its a matter of time before I knock one of the mirrors off. I suspect that it has simply been designed for a market where there is more space and where they don't have the narrow streets and car parks that we do. Much more of an open road car.

With a new job starting soon I need to give the Jeep back, or buy it from the company. I decided not to buy it since depreciation is likely to be high, and although I love the V6, it is expensive run it. Nice car, but not nice enough for my own money.

At exactly that moment the DS popped up and it fits my needs perfectly. Bigger boot / legroom, I love the looks from the front and rear perspectives, and the 7 seats will I am sure be occasionally very useful. On the minus side it looks a little low side-on and I'll miss the V6, but I'll happily trade both those things for better MPG. I'm not really bothered about the old engine as I would prefer something well proven until they work the bugs out of the new unit and dealers figure out how to service it.

Looking forward to trying it out in April!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Welcome, the HSE is a nice spec.

My one goes into build on Friday.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just ordered HSE Firenze Red and given me 20-24 weeks to build. So long to wait for it. But hasn't given me firm date to build.How long did you have to wait for land rover to response for a build date.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dealer has been very vague. I ordered in December and was told delivery date was aprox April and would be confirmed end of Jan. I checked in again last week and the only thing they could tell me was that build was confirmed for 'April', delivery date to be confirmed. Vague...

·
Registered
329 Posts
marklad2020 said:
The dealer has been very vague. I ordered in December and was told delivery date was aprox April and would be confirmed end of Jan. I checked in again last week and the only thing they could tell me was that build was confirmed for 'April', delivery date to be confirmed. Vague...
Funny that some a vague. Mine has given me precise last order change date (27/2), build date (29/3) and delivery date (a month after build, worse case).

·
Registered
562 Posts
Warkman said:
Mine us being built in 27th, we will see, there are a few issues as all new builds have, nothing serious, but slower than estimated builds
Mines built, so I hope it's screwed together ok. :cry:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Mines supposed to make its journey along the production line tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Lets hope it is not a Friday car, I have had a couple of those - not good.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Lets hope all is well tomorrow. It could be worse its original build date was Friday 13th March

·
Registered
7 Posts
New to forum,
Ordered my disco sport back in October. Delivery was due for 1st March, but had call off dealer to say delayed until 12/02. No reason was given.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.