Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's it, I have finally cracked and cancelled my order. Car ordered in February for June/July delivery. Then told it will be late August/sept. Now date of late September and the nail in the coffin the part ex price on my evoque has dropped by £5750 since May. I agreed to increase the price I would pay but dealer has refused to even drop by £500 so goodbye Land Rover after 15 years of owning freelanders and discoveries. Must say all the negative posts on this forum about the sport has also influenced my decision. Goodbye Land Rover, it's been emotional, I am off to pastures new.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,159 Posts
denham5 said:
That's it, I have finally cracked and cancelled my order. Car ordered in February for June/July delivery. Then told it will be late August/sept. Now date of late September and the nail in the coffin the part ex price on my evoque has dropped by £5750 since May. I agreed to increase the price I would pay but dealer has refused to even drop by £500 so goodbye Land Rover after 15 years of owning freelanders and discoveries. Must say all the negative posts on this forum about the sport has also influenced my decision. Goodbye Land Rover, it's been emotional, I am off to pastures new.
How can they drop the price of your part exchange by that much, absolutely disgraceful. As I have said on here before LR are in grave danger of losing their reputation and they will find it hard to get back. Not sure if it would do any good but have you spoken to customer services and told them of the experience you have had due to their failure to produce their orders on time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
When l wanted mine l went to local dealer only to be insulted by the price of my trade in, Freelander 2 XS with side steps, all they would say is it would wipe its face regardless of when l traded in, meaning l was losing £334 per month and every month it would take to get my new car, So on that day May 6th they offered £13,200, but when the new DS was due in Oct it would lose an extra £1670, so l would get £11,539. In the end l found one for sale with 193 miles on the clock, non land Rover Dealer, and got £15000 trade in. Better all round, so get out there, and find the deal you want. You have a better trade in than l had, so you should do ok, and remember, you don't have to use LR Dealers, you still get the warranty and any dealer will do work they can claim off land rover for.
regards
tony
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
677 Posts
Myself and my salesman agreed a trade in price of what he believed my D4 would be worth by the time the DS came, I think they made £2800 once it sold so not to far off for it to have been done 7 months in advance.

LRs do drop value slightly in the summer but nothing that should cause that big a drop.

Would you consider another dealer? Or take an ex demo perhaps a higher spec at a discounted price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,272 Posts
Where are you? I got mine six weeks after order.

I think it's shitty to change prices, when the delay is their fault, they should both freeze the price of the car you ordered AT the ordered price AND stick to the offered PX price on the PX. They're going to make £2k or more on your PX car anyway!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,272 Posts
Beast said:
ccomley said:
Where are you? I got mine six weeks after order.

I think it's shitty to change prices, when the delay is their fault, they should both freeze the price of the car you ordered AT the ordered price AND stick to the offered PX price on the PX. They're going to make £2k or more on your PX car anyway!!
I agree and - depending on the terms of the order - there could be contractual issues and it might be possible to insist on the original p/ex
Good point, and even if there are not, merely suggesting you are going to talk to your solicitor about it may get the dealer back on track!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,272 Posts
Beast said:
Gentle application of the cosh corrected that. Sometimes it's necessary and it usually works if you do your homework first.
The buggers are often just trying it on with no contractual or legal basis for their "move" - pity many fall for it, but just not being one of them is my aim in life. Amazing how quick some of them backpedal when you show any sign of formal resistance.

My pet hate at the moment is BT - they charge you £150 or more if their engineer pitches up to fix a fault and finds it's a fault in YOUR equipment (fair enough), or if you're not there to let them in, and sometimes if they can't find a fault. But these days they're putting in £150 bills for almost every visit whatever happens and leaving us to challenge them. I bet that's cost 80% of the public at large don't challenge, and just assume the fee is due.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
This situation cant be right! so you go into the dealers and agree to order a new car, you accept a PX on your current car (I accept that they will take their best shot at the value when your car is delivered) then the delivery time is delayed by JLR, and you are expected to take less for your PX.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
2,833 Posts
Apparently this is what happens :(

I wasn't prepared to take this chance so sold my RRSport last month and sharing the lads car until September. If I had been in OP situation I would vote with my feet too - dealers are exploiting the boom and little thought for customer service/brand loyalty now :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
DId you have a deposit paid, if so, what was the basis of the deposit, and did you get it back ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Bloody disgraceful. How can a RR Evoque drop that much money in a few months - unless LR know something we don't? Get on to Trading Standards and Citizens Advice Bureau pdq. If you've lost the will to proceed with the purchase in light of some of the quality issues expressed on here then fair enough - but if you still want your new DS then tell them to stick their revised offer where the sun don't shine! The consumer rights are on your side - and if the dealer has written a one-sided deal in the contract, guess what - the consumer rights are still on your side!

Happy to help if you want, but can equally understand if you want to walk away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Well done for cancelling.
I did the same. Got within 3 days of taking delivery and the dealer demanded an extra £280- this on a car costing just shy of 45k.
I walked and now looking forward to taking delivery of a new Audi Q5.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,272 Posts
Wolverine said:
Well done for cancelling.
I did the same. Got within 3 days of taking delivery and the dealer demanded an extra £280- this on a car costing just shy of 45k.
I walked and now looking forward to taking delivery of a new Audi Q5.
Did they not chase after you? They were prepared to lose the sale over £300? Or you didn't give them the chance?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
796 Posts
I do think think they are too bothered about cancelled orders at the moment as demand is still high ... It will just have been offered to another customer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
ccomley said:
Wolverine said:
Well done for cancelling.
I did the same. Got within 3 days of taking delivery and the dealer demanded an extra £280- this on a car costing just shy of 45k.
I walked and now looking forward to taking delivery of a new Audi Q5.
Did they not chase after you? They were prepared to lose the sale over £300? Or you didn't give them the chance?
No. They were happy to let me walk. I'm so glad I did now with all these problems that are surfacing.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top