Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I one of the few that love the car, like the 7 seats (one of the main reasons for getting the car). I even think the sat nav is good, the volume if set correctly just reduces what ever is playing, it's as good as my old Tom Tom. I like the engine.
I have had no problems at all. :D

·
Registered
381 Posts
If you read this web site it does get you down as it is all doom and gloom, but overall yes I'm happy with my DS, I agree the Sat Nav is fine, the ride very good and the 2.2 engine is great.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Thank you Charles, thank you Discolez. At last something positive to read.
Keep on enjoying them.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Same here; I sometimes stop reading the forum as it seems some are only negative. Guess this will sort itself ones they sold their cars. I always find it interesting to see how many cars some people bought in the last 5 years as an indication of overall satisfaction

·
Registered
30 Posts
Despite a few things I wish I had specced differently I really like the car.

Particularly surprising to me is how much I like the engine. Which just shows how hard most motoring journalists were looking for something to complain about...

·
Registered
510 Posts
I love my DS too. It's going in on Wednesday to have the 2nd row squeak sorted out (Topix Q489) which has been irritating, but otherwise a great experience - love driving it! :D

·
Registered
677 Posts
Every forum is the same.

I'm guilty of complaining, I don't dislike the car, there is a lot to like about as I have said on a few occasions. It is hard to like the car when LR can't even get there own branded accessories to fit properly, take the boot to pieces to get the dog guard to fit etc.

The 7 seats are to me a waste of money but I knew that before I bought it, so I don't penalise it for that.

It's a first generation car but I do hope LR take note and improve it through future model years.

I took it for a drive this morning and it did put a smile on my especially as it out cornered the RRS2 owner behind me, his big heavy sport lumbering around in the bends :lol:

I just need to make more time to enjoy driving it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The ds is the best car we have ever owned. So unless all of our other cars were terrible- they were not, then yes we are very very pleased. We were one of the lucky ones with a march 1 delivery and now with 6k miles it is still flawless, smooth and refined... No complaints we might buy two!

·
Registered
677 Posts
To be fair though those that are complaining have good reason to, gearbox issues, new wiring looms, Bluetooth not working, loose body panels, water ingress etc. 3 days into ownership and my one went back to get its rear seats fixed. All this from a company that says they've invested £200,000,000 on improving quality.

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
Well I'm glad to see some positive comments - I was starting to panic reading the forum :?

I just hope the MY16 has had some modifications to the problems complained about and they fix them quickly for owners who are suffering :)

I did the design tour in October and really thought with the investment at Gaydon there would be less issues :roll:

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Charles said:
Am I one of the few that love the car, like the 7 seats (one of the main reasons for getting the car). I even think the sat nav is good, the volume if set correctly just reduces what ever is playing, it's as good as my old Tom Tom. I like the engine.
I have had no problems at all. :D
Don't forget some folks never say a word if they#re happy. They certainly don't get on the internet and join a forum and say "I'm happy" - far more folk will come here hoping for support for a problem, information about an issue, etc.,

*I* am happy. I have a couple of teething issues to address, I feel sure LR will do so (or you'll be hearing me shout!) and i'd re-design the gearbox with a bat BUT at least it does what I want if i tell it to and that's fine by me. Just depressing that after all these decades of automatic transmissions, and now having nine speed boxes where once we had three, they still don't change gear when they SHOULD. I don't think the satnav is quite as good as my Garmin but I can live with it. It does 2D "north=up", which is my main requirement, and it doesn't talk of "slight rights" like bloody Toyota's. I wish it did brake-hold like our Merc coz I keep forgetting it doesn't and taking my foot off... but yes, on balance I'm happy! Ask me again in five years...

·
Registered
80 Posts
I really like my car and what problems I have had the dealer have been very good, also had a lot af nice comments from people when they know its my car
Also found the forum very negative and only now visit occasionally, as a lot of problems where user error either thy did not read the manual or spend time some time getting to know the car or they thought they could design and build a better car and the best of all that the dealer should drop everything as soon as they contact them

·
Registered
562 Posts
I've been fortunate to have owned 2 brand new design cars in the past 12 months, one was the Porsche Macan and the other the DS. Both cars had minor quality/build issues from the start, but this is inevitable. The thing to concentrate on is how these issues are resolved. LR and Porsche have been on this and I really love my DS, and LR have been no different to Porsche in the early probs.....both will get sorted

·
Registered
677 Posts
When spending £40k+ its not much to ask for it to work and not require new wiring looms, have water ingress, loose panels, gearbox problems etc. I should add my one hasn't required any of those, but I do sympathise with those owners. It's a forum and sharing problems helps those that maybe suffering with them. Nobody expects the dealer to drop everything but it isn't unreasonable to ask to be kept informed or time scales for repairs, as I've said these cars ain't cheap.

Many owners saying they love their DS but only one member started a thread. I just hope none of the happy campers suffer any problems and have their pride and joy spend more time in the dealer workshop than on the road, I've been there with my D3, it got a whole new engine, not a pleasant experience. What away to start Land Rover ownership

Apologies if I've spoke out of turn but had to get it of my chest.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.