Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

We drove yesterday with this Discovery sport and what a pleasure it was, exactly how it should be, not as sporty/gritty as a X3 and more responsive as an NX300H. Just what we're looking for.

Next steps will be determining the "needed" options and negotiations with the dealer. The active drive line is not available as an option currently in NL is that in the UK as well?

My biggest concern is the engine, will it be the 150hp or 180hp version. In the netherlands there is a 2K euro price difference and I'm leaning to the TD4 180 BUT as I'm Dutch :lol: I could also get the 150hp and let and experienced company tune the engine. I saw a dutch person on this forum @KaikouraDiscoSport mentioning RICA. This might be an option but only if it's done via the dealer as I still want to keep the warranty.

Hope he can give some input here as well.

Cheers,
Dutch_Disco

EDIT: can someone tell me, the tires mounted on the disco are they summer or all weather tires (in the netherlands if that's different than somewhere else)

·
Registered
829 Posts
Welcome Dutch Disco!

I can really recommend the RICA tune which can be dealer provided yet is not fully LandRover backed...

Your tyres will be all wheather tyres and as the suspension is very impressive, you could easily go for 19" or 20"

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Hello Dutch_Disco and welcome to this fine forum. I'm sure your countryman will be giving you his thoughts soon.
In Germany the tyres are all weather don't know about the UK though you it's not really relevant.
Hope you enjoy the selection process and even more the driving experience.
Cheers
Chippy911

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KaikouraDiscoSport said:
Welcome Dutch Disco!

I can really recommend the RICA tune which can be dealer provided yet is not fully LandRover backed...

Your tyres will be all wheather tyres and as the suspension is very impressive, you could easily go for 19" or 20"
thanks for your reply, much appriciated!

Can you explain a bit more on the RICA tuning? Does this mean you loose the factory warrenty on specific parts? Did you went for the new 150 or 180 + RICA? Is this service provided via all dealers or only certain dealers in NL?

Great sounds logic as it's a land rover, but for my trips to Germany in the winter you need all season or winter tyres in the winter.

Looking into the black pack which comes with 19 or 20" indeed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chippy911 said:
Hello Dutch_Disco and welcome to this fine forum. I'm sure your countryman will be giving you his thoughts soon.
In Germany the tyres are all weather don't know about the UK though you it's not really relevant.
Hope you enjoy the selection process and even more the driving experience.
Cheers
Chippy911
Thanks also for your quick reply ;)

Selection process is part of the fun I think.

·
Registered
44 Posts
KaikouraDiscoSport said:
Welcome Dutch Disco!

welcome dutchdisco!
no 3 from the Netherlands.....

·
Registered
138 Posts
Also in Finland provided with all weather tyres which are officially qualified as winter tyres (M+S) but totally unfit for our weather. So we'll need two sets.
I ordered my HSE Lux with the satin grey wheels which are 18" and I will try to find some nice (black?) 17" wheels for the winter tyres. I am more interested in nice ride than aggressive looks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IluH said:
Also in Finland provided with all weather tyres which are officially qualified as winter tyres (M+S) but totally unfit for our weather. So we'll need two sets.
I ordered my HSE Lux with the satin grey wheels which are 18" and I will try to find some nice (black?) 17" wheels for the winter tyres. I am more interested in nice ride than aggressive looks.
Good to know and I can understand your situation (must be great in Finland with such a car btw). Enjoy your ride!
As Chippy911 said, in the Netherlands we barely need them, but in Germany you need them, if your involved in a car accident and you don't have winter/all season you're screwed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts