Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Think I might be the first on here not with a brand new car. I wanted to order new but was going to have to wait until Oct and don't think my old ML would have lasted that long. I was given the opportunity to take one already specced (HSE, scotia grey, corris, black pack HSE) which would arrive end July instead and ordered that, but I was annoyed that I couldn't add heated steering wheel. I searched around and found a 4 month old ex-demo instead. It arrived last night and I'm so pleased. It's the colours I would have chosen (black and ivory) and is HSE Lux with a few extras as it was the demo, and although it does have a few miles on the clock I'll claw those back quickly as I don't do long mileage.

When it stops raining I'll take a few pictures!

Here're my thoughts so far:

Incredibly smooth drive
Feels much lower than I'm used to though
Haven't tried a third person in-between two child car seats yet but it look like it might be a tight squeeze
Love the entertainment system and the fact I can stream Napster from my phone. Don't like the fingerprints I leave on it!
Got ridiculously excited about the pen holder in the front compartment - no more hunting to scribble notes.
Loving the automatic opening boot and keyless entry. Does anyone know if it's keyless exit as well when you walk away???
Tried park assist but it attempted to park me on the other side of the road at a junction...
Have only driven in daylight so haven't yet seen any ambient lighting. I've set it to blue so we'll see.
Side Mirrors have been set to close on locking which is handy for knowing car is definitely locked.
The heated steering wheel is absolutely going to get a lot of use.
Leather is lovely and the ivory really brightens the interior.
Rubber mats actually look quite stylish and ideal for my large dog. What happens with automatic closure if dog's tail gets in the way? Will it sense it and stop?
Keeping the black clean and shiny is going to drive me insane.
School run is going to be so much nicer in this.
Hubby thinks he's going to get a shot sometime soon... He wishes. ;)

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
It is keyless exit but not when you walk away, you have to press (twice) button on any of the door handles, first push locks car and folds mirrors, second deadlocks car and sounds a beep if set in menu.

Ivory is a great colour for interior and Windsor leather is really good.

Not sure about dogs tail, wouldn't chance it as it works on pressure not sensor so will squash a bit before opening.

I have mine set on blue ambient lighting but you may be disappointed as it's not very bright.

Now the important thing, wheres the pen holder as I haven't found mine.

Congratulations on getting the car I'm sure you will love it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for help philn on keyless exit. I would have been walking different distances to see if it would lock otherwise!

Pen holder is in glove compartment :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.