Discovery Sport Forum banner

Nose weight

7K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  croutledge 
#1 ·
I cannot find the tow bar nose weight in the handbook, anyone else managed to find it?

#4 ·
Moose

This is from the handbook page 95
• If it is necessary to increase the nose weight up to a maximum of 175 kg (385 lb), the vehicle's load should be reduced accordingly. This is to make sure that the GVW and maximum rear axle load are not exceeded.

So there is a good "margin" given most alko couplings in the UK are rated at 100kg from memory the DS as expected should not be the limiting factor.

GPC

#6 ·
Old ish post but thought i would jump in for some advice.

I'm going to use our Discovery Sport for the first time towing the bailey senator indiana series 6 caravan to Newquay and was looking for some advice on nose weight and tyre pressures. Looks like 100kg for the nose weight but unsure on the tyre pressure for rear and front typres.

Cheers

#7 ·
Hi ..... I think it's 31 psi on the rear and 35 psi on the front ..... but there is a sticker on the drivers B pillar which gives the tyre pressures .....

Pete

#9 ·
I normally use the fully loaded pressure as per door plate/handbook too :geek:

#10 ·
Tyre pressure advice is also available on the onboard computer, under Vehicle Info I think I saw it.

#11 ·
Correct - you can set loading for normal or loaded in menu to check it too :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.