Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
nice to meet you, I'm Ale from Italy
It's my first post in this beautiful forum.
I need your help: from my new (May '16) DS i hear a terrible noise from rear seats, like a pallet of plastic bottles.
I've already brought the car to the service but they used some tipe of grease and after one day here is the noise again: unacettable for such a type of car....

Yesterday i tried to drive with the left rear seat reclined: no noises. It seems the noise comes from the backrest...
Any suggestion?

Thank you very much

Regards

AM

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hi Ale,
I suggest you do a search on here as this topic has been mentioned before and several members have posted possible solutions

·
Registered
3 Posts
I spent quite a while tracking the noise down , which was a squeaky rattle. It was more evident when turning left and disappeared if someone sat on the single or double seat.I traced it to the front securing bolt on the drivers side of the double seat. I bought some torque sockets from Halfords and tightened it and this made it worse, so I slackened it a bit and the noise was gone completely. To gain access you lift the seat base by squeezing the black clip at each side of the white oval plastic shape that clips the seat to the frame. Mine is booked in to the dealer now for a proper check out as all the seat backs shake on bumpy roads. Currently have the evoque as a courtesy and seats in that are solid in comparison , but obviously don't move as in disco . Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much guys...tomorrow i'll bring the car to the service (for the second time in a week: the 1st time the noise was not fixed).
I'll try to explain your suggestion.
I hope they'll fix the problem

ALE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts