Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
No CD player....!!!!
Are you sure, there must be something.... At least I hope...
Mind you I suppose they expect everyone to sync there phones to the unit, as most people will probably carry some form of music on there smart phones....

·
Registered
27 Posts
I seem to remember being told that UK models come WITHOUT a CD player, although on TOPIX, there is a manual listed there WITH CD.
I just assumed that we are now expected to sync our phones or use an iPod. My last car, BMW, used the iPod connection but also had a CD player AND a 20GB Hard drive for storing music on.....
Progress, I guess!

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
In Germany it would seem that CD is only included on Meridian sound system. I can't find any mention of it on standard system.

·
Registered
179 Posts
True there is no CD player as standard; but you can stream by bluetooth from both phone and iPad (ie use phone for calls, iPad for music, simultaneously - or both from the phone); or plug in a Flash drive or ipod into the USB socket in the armrest with MP3 files; or plug in or plug in a device by wire to the aux audio. So no cd, no problem...

·
Registered
18 Posts
It takes a USB key full of music. I loaded my 48GB of music onto a single 64GB thumb drive (£15 from Amazon) and leave it plugged in all the time. Much better than the 6 CDs or wired phone connection on my old Freelander.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Moose said:
Not used a cd in a car for at least 3 years, fine my me.
Indeed, who on earth still uses CDs. They're like the VHS of the music world.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey look, they used to have record players in Jags!

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Can someone please explain to me?

What's a CD? And why do I need a CD 'player' in my 2015 car?

·
Registered
677 Posts
As above. Why have the car full CDs when a simple USB stick can hold so much more.

·
Registered
533 Posts
does anyone know what the folder structure has to be for USB sticks.
I know its supposed to be FAT/FAT32 format but I cant find anything else on-line about how the files must be organised.
Does the album art need to be separate or embedded in the audio file?
Folders by album title?
Can I just dump the media folder from within the iTunes library onto the USB stick?

It would be interesting to hear how others have got it to work.

Thanks

BobbyB

·
Registered
677 Posts
I just dragged from iTunes to USB all seems ok, artwork etc.

Most of mines was done from CD-PC-USB, a few years back. Now it's mainly just Bluetooth.

·
Registered
506 Posts
j77
As above. Why have the car full CDs when a simple USB stick can hold so much more.
Mine are typical Integral Sticks of whatever capacity required. Process from a few years back was CD > PC (PC finds all details on Gracenote and downloads it into 'MY Music' Folder) > copy whatever you want into your stick. Job done! And of course, you can go back on the PC and chop and change tracks and albums if you get bored with the selection. I uploaded a shot of the infotainment screen somewhere on here, showing how the info is presented. It's no different to putting your stick in the HiFi or TV.

·
Registered
3 Posts
only the top entertainment pack has a CD drive, not worth paying for, just put a 64Gig iPod touch under the armrest, synch all your music from iTunes and off you go. Ipod will appear as a source next to "aux".

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello,
This is what I have tried with my dealer ... .
USB drive formatted to FAT32
example:
BARRY WHITE
- Gold - Double Platinum
 01. I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More, Baby
 02. Never Never Gonna Give You Up
 03. Can not Get Enough Of Your Love , Babe
 etc..................
Audio Format: FLAC = NO OK
M4A = OK

·
Registered
37 Posts
Apparently you can't get an 8-Track Cartridge player either....... Gutted!!!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts