Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read that the plan for a super-economical 2WD DS has been dropped. The Reason is that 4WD is a valued attribute and with the SE E-Capability (5-seat, 4x4 Efficient Driveline, 150PS) model coming in at 129 g/km CO2 (below the tax write-down threshold of 130 and in Band D for VED) a 2WD model is not needed. The press release was specific about UK so maybe the variant will appear elsewhere.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Ed4 2WD will be produced November 2015 onwards with most deliveries across Europe/incl NL starting January 2016. LR clearly looks at benefits for each country yet still don't understand why 180bhp 5seater can not be offered in UK. Surely people who want a stronger engine and possibly better performance would often like to drop 100kg and rather small additional seats. Even more compelling while many options are 5seater only

·
Registered
130 Posts
Haha, I thought the same but looking at other manufacturers there seems to be a big market for those who don't need 4x4 but want the SUV type flexibility e.g. The school run urban folks!
Added to that it helps manufacturers show lower average emissions over their range.
That said, I'm still not really a convert myself but maybe because I need the full 4x4 in winter where I live!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Gogsy,
That's why we have the Dacia Duster comes in 2WD / 4WD and costs 1/4 of the price, that should keep em happy :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.