Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, just ordered DS HSE in Fuji White 2 litre Auto, Ebony Interior with black contrast roof

I went over to Land Rover in stockport, just to have look, and ordered one the day after

Its a beautiful car, the feel of the car is just fantastic, I love everything about it

Replacing my Honda CRV-R which has served me well, but this is just something else

I can't wait to eventually get delivery

I have been told to expect January delivery

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was told today that the delivery might be early, penciled in for the 4th of December, can't wait.

land rover knutsford were kind enough to let me use a DS today for a couple of hours, I absolutely love it

My only reservation is the colour I have ordered, I saw a corris grey model today and it looked the dogs danglies

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Sounds good HGDave and don't worry about the colour. We changed to Corris Grey at a later stage and haven't regretted it one bit.
A good thing is it doesn't show the dirt as much as a lot of other colours. We had Aintree Green on our FL2 and that showed every bit of dirt.
Not that it's a bad thing for a LR but you know how things are!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi HGDave,

do not change your colour related decision! I took over my white DS with BlackPack on Saturday and I love it! There was another car overhanded nearby us and it was grey with black roof only. The wife of the guy asked me about my Range Rover ;-) She thought our car is bigger than their DS...

After the 400km long way home we felt immediately in love with the car. It is a great concept and the quality is perfect, no rattles, no nothing... Compared to my RR Sport and my XF-S you can see a bit less "quality" of the interior but all together the car is wonderful. My girlfriend could not stop to drive around yesterday (she had a Passat before...) :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi HG Dave
I ordered Fuji white + black roof like you. In the waiting period I wobbled more than once on the colour choice. Having picked it up 2 weeks ago I'm very pleased with the choice of colour and the car generally.
Like a previous writer suggested - the white car does seem to look bigger than the darker shades.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I crumbled, and went for the grey, I loved it with the santorini roof, plus the Mrs has just bought a white mini, and it would have looked a bit strange

·
Registered
211 Posts
HGDave said:
I crumbled, and went for the grey, I loved it with the santorini roof, plus the Mrs has just bought a white mini, and it would have looked a bit strange
Good man!

.....now, about the black pack.....

;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To be honest, im stretched enough as it is, and couldn't quite afford any other additions. The cost difference a month between the SE tech and HSE was nominal so sacrificed a night out a month for a higher spec!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I hear you. It's easy to get reeled in to the extras and pay more than you need / more than the car is really "worth". My "internal justification piggy bank" ran out when I started looking at the Lux.

I'm sure you'll love yours when it arrives...hope all goes well with the handover, don't forget to post pics....

·
Registered
288 Posts
BlameTheParents said:
I hear you. My "internal justification piggy bank" ran out when I started looking at the Lux.....
Same here. Others will, I'm sure disagree, but I couldn't see anything on the Lux that was really worth the extra above the HSE.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Rafael said:
BlameTheParents said:
I hear you. My "internal justification piggy bank" ran out when I started looking at the Lux.....
Same here. Others will, I'm sure disagree, but I couldn't see anything on the Lux that was really worth the extra above the HSE.
Agree. Quite fancied the memory seats but then realised me and the wife are the same height and never need to adjust the seats!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Now we have had ours for a little while, I wished we had specced the memory seats over the InControl Plus Pack. You live and learn.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.