Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got a Topix subscription who would look at the two latest TSBs and report back.

Trim Finishers and Body Damaged/Marked

Powered Tailgate Struts

Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've just taken a look and it looks like you need a paid subscription to actually view the two TSBs. (And I don't have a paid subscription!!!)

·
Registered
677 Posts
I took it for an hour a while back and it was £11.90 for DS 15MY only.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Seems the list of issues is growing daily, well at least for my DS according to the website. I'll add these to the list when it's in next week to get the knocking at the front end looked at.

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My car was in yesterday to sort out the B pillar rattle which now seems ok, looked on Topix this morning and my car has a Outstanding Campaign for "New Incontrol Touch" typical why didn't I know that yesterday I could have had it done.

I wonder what the update is?

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Not sure how LR'S system works but I would guess they are faults and fixes for all cars and would only be done if there was a fault on the car.
Logic would say that if it had to be done on your car they would have done it when they had your car in for the rattle.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Possibly @philn but it is showing as outstanding against my VIN number, I think Topix was only updated overnight.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
There does seem to be a lot going on and a lot of updates to do. I booked mine in for the instrument illumination knob to be changed, they want the car for two days? I can remember which D2 It was but they managed to change a gearbox in a day on that.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Q489 Second Row Seat Squeaks and Rattles :- VIN Range 501001-518432 The 4 x M10 fixings at the front of the second row seat may have residual torque below the minimum specified limit. Unsold vehicles must be repaired prior to hand-over of the vehicle for retail sale. At the next service opportunity you are requested to re-torque the forward fixings, re-torque the 2 inboard and apply a lubricant spray to the 2 pins which locate the seat into the body.

Q491 Replacement of Keyless Vehicle Module:- This states that all DS have a software update which makes the Keyless Module "Read Only" It goes on to say that should new key fobs be required the whole Keyless Module requires replacement.

Q495 New InControl Touch:- VIN From 501001 Fixes issue with blank screen on display and poor Navigation functionality??

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discoloz
Q489 Second Row Seat Squeaks and Rattles :- VIN Range 501001-518432 The 4 x M10 fixings at the front of the second row seat may have residual torque below the minimum specified limit. Unsold vehicles must be repaired prior to hand-over of the vehicle for retail sale. At the next service opportunity you are requested to re-torque the forward fixings, re-torque the 2 inboard and apply a lubricant spray to the 2 pins which locate the seat into the body.
Mine has exactly this issue! It was minor originally but after first people travelled in the second row it became very prominent and annoying. I checked the seat base area last night and two plastic clips that partly cover the forward securing bolts were hinged open and had to be closed, and at the rear corners (with seat pushed forward) the plastic trim on the near side was not fully located and the offside was free floating. I secured both. I presume this was poor reassembly after having the bench out to check 'spring' issue required prior to delivery. As these clip relocation(s) didn't cure anything, I assume that the residual torque problem resulted from incorrect 'refitting' following the spring inspection by dealers, rather than a torque error at original assembly.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Not sure what Q491 means but having lost one of my keys have booked it in on Monday to have new fob programmed, should be interesting!.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
philn said:
Not sure what Q491 means but having lost one of my keys have booked it in on Monday to have new fob programmed, should be interesting!.
I've shortened what the TSB says it basically covered many models and would seem to be after the security issues of cars being stolen by using the OBD port to clone a key.

PM me if you want me to send you a full copy.

·
Registered
329 Posts
PetQ said:
Do you have some more details about this Q495? It seems mine is affected.
Yes, be interested in this one - outside the VIN range for the others. Wonder if worth doing before I go on my hols.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lofi said:
PetQ said:
Do you have some more details about this Q495? It seems mine is affected.
Yes, be interested in this one - outside the VIN range for the others. Wonder if worth doing before I go on my hols.
Unfortunately It doesn't detail anymore information. I only paid to read the bulletins not all the other technical articles.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My DS is now going to the dealers end of month. With the knocking at the front end coupled with the list of outstanding campaigns, and rattles they want the car for three days. To be honest the dealer has been good throughout and even acknowledges that the DS quality is just not up to their usual standards and that they are struggling to keep up with the repairs. My hope is that this will be the end of my issues.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I have read both 491 and 495 neither say a fat lot to help us, see below.

- 495 - A limited number of Discovery Sport vehicles may experience issues with Blank Screen on the High Level Display Front (HLDF) and poor Navigation functionality, together with poor Russian translations on the Audio Control and HD radio system.
at the next service opportunity you are requested to configure the audio head unit - Low line.

- 491 - As of 30th March 2015, and the release of Symptom Driven Diagnostics (SDD) DVD 141 Patch 4 (and later releases), all of the above vehicles have a software update applied to the 'Start Authorisation System' at PDI, which makes their Keyless Vehicle Modules (KVM) 'read only'.
After this point, should an owner require added key fobs (due to loss etc.), the KVM will require replacement. As previously, the customer will still be liable for the key fob, cutting of the mechanical key blade, and programming of the KVM, but not the cost of the new KVM itself. This Field Service Action therefore exists to cover the cost of procurement and fitting of a new KVM to ensure that customers are not disadvantaged by this product enhancement.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.