Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
Recently said an early goodbye to my Freel2 after a kind chap drove his van through the side of it 4 weeks ago. Whilst waiting for insurance to pay out I began looking at late 15 - 16MY cars, with my eyes set on a HSE LUX. Determined I wanted the td4 180 over sd4 for claimed better economy, I looked at many for my budget. Although I could only find ones with 65k plus on the clock, or not having some major must haves I wanted. All with smaller dealers and 30day warranties.

I then stumbled on a 65plate HSE td4 (non lux) in my first colour choice (corris grey) with black interior, tinted windows and and only 38k on the clock. Best bit was it being sold through the approved used scheme at a main dealer. A bank holiday test drive and with a bit of money off the asking price and some accesories I wanted put in the deal was done. I walked away under budget by about £1000 and thats great as it lets me upgrade the alarm and disapointing speakers right away.

It’s been a long week waiting but she gets delivered tomorrow. Can not praise Mike at Sytner Land Rover Maidstone enough. This is the first time I have ever bought from a main dealer and feel got the same level of service as someone buying the latest vogue brand new.

Not sleeping tonight! Lol

Colin

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi all.
Recently said an early goodbye to my Freel2 after a kind chap drove his van through the side of it 4 weeks ago. Whilst waiting for insurance to pay out I began looking at late 15 - 16MY cars, with my eyes set on a HSE LUX. Determined I wanted the td4 180 over sd4 for claimed better economy, I looked at many for my budget. Although I could only find ones with 65k plus on the clock, or not having some major must haves I wanted. All with smaller dealers and 30day warranties.

I then stumbled on a 65plate HSE td4 (non lux) in my first colour choice (corris grey) with black interior, tinted windows and and only 38k on the clock. Best bit was it being sold through the approved used scheme at a main dealer. A bank holiday test drive and with a bit of money off the asking price and some accesories I wanted put in the deal was done. I walked away under budget by about £1000 and thats great as it lets me upgrade the alarm and disapointing speakers right away.

It’s been a long week waiting but she gets delivered tomorrow. Can not praise Mike at Sytner Land Rover Maidstone enough. This is the first time I have ever bought from a main dealer and feel got the same level of service as someone buying the latest vogue brand new.

Not sleeping tonight! Lol

Colin
Enjoy

·
Registered
447 Posts
If you were posting at midnight the day before your new toy arrives, then you definitely have had a bad nights sleep :p
Welcome to the DS

In response to main dealers, there are good ones who make you very welcome and as important as the buyer of a FFRR, there are average ones, who will treat you with respect, coffee and maybe cakes, and there are really bad ones. Unfortunately staff turnover can turn the former into the latter, but when they are good they are very very good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts