Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Pete,

This is great to see that Land Rover is making an effort to look after its customers and soon to be customers.

As you might have seen on this forum, and in the press, many of us are trying to plan our purchase and we would like to know when new options and engines will be available.
At the moment, we are all in the midst, and despite loving the disco sport, I might purchase another car from a different brand due to this lack of visibility (can't wait another year!)

Selfishly, I would like to know when the new enginium engine will be launched in the 4WD Auto version, and when active cruise control will be available on a 5+2.
On top of this, I would love to have the head up display, blind spot monitoring, Cruise control with start / stop (queuing traffic), adaptive LED matrix light with adaptive high beam assist and a nice leather trim on the door and dashboard like the evoque and the range rover sport to really give the premium feel that this SUV deserves. All this on a 5+2!

Many other SUV are offering these either as standard or options, like the Xc90, Q7 and X5. The XC90 costing the same amount as the Disco Sport HSE luxury and it has more options!

We all look forward to hearing from you on these points.

King regards,
DiscoCrazy... Still.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Pete

I'd like to second Discocrazy's post for more info please.

I particularly want a 5 seat HSE so I can have a proper spare wheel and a removable towbar.

I find it hugely frustrating that this spec can be purchased in most other markets, including Europe, Australia and the USA but it can't be purchased here in the UK.

Any chance you could get an Australian bound vehicle to turn left rather than right when it comes off the line? :lol:

Seriously, I appreciate that due to commercial confidentiality etc, you can't make an early announcement regarding the May "refresh" but it would be nice to get a nod of, "yes, it's worth waiting ;) " or, "No, don't bother waiting, go and spend your £45k on another make :x :cry: :roll: " .

Many thanks

Regards

Neil

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi,

We are receiving a number of enquiries regarding the new engine and while I can advise you that it is due to be introduced late 2015 for the Discovery Sport, I unfortunately am unable to be more specific than that at this time.

In regards to other specifics, at present the order call and production for the Discovery Sport is for the 15MY with no further announcements made at this stage for the 16MY. I would however be happy to provide you a further update as soon as I have more confirmed information which should be in the coming couple of months at the very latest.

You have my assurance that I will update on this thread accordingly.

Many thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Pete.

Would you be able to confirm the following at least?
- there should be an ingenium engine in 4WD auto before year end in the UK
- there are no technical limitations to have the options I mentioned above on a 5+2 (or is it impossible to technically fit them due to the lack of space due to the third row). The reason why I am asking is that on European / Australia configurator, as soon as you select 5+2, all the options I want disappear (blind spot monitoring, head up display...) ! So there must be a logic behind it?

Thank you for your response.
I live in UK by the way.

·
Registered
44 Posts
in the Netherlands i ordered a eD42wd already 2 months ago , with the delivery planned at sep2015.
but
lately w've heard that this car is planned for jan/febr 2016
and my dealer offered me instead (only for the dutch market i believe) a td4/4wd( WITH the new inginium engine)
for the same price..........

to make the delivery-questions more complicated...

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi All,

I am more than happy to provide as much information as possible, however at this time I am unable to provide further details on the 16MY or the Ingenium engine. However, I will be able to provide more information in the near future (approximately May) once more details have been finalised.

I can appreciate wanting to know as soon as possible and I will be sure to update you as soon as I can to give you the chance to make your decisions on future purchases.

Many thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello Pete,

Now that we have all read the press release confirming the ingenium for September (great), would you have an idea of options / packs available? Like ACC, HUD, blind spot monitoring for the 5+2 version.

Thank you,
Stephane

·
Registered
829 Posts
Pete, to add to the questions regarding the MY2016 spec I would like to know:

- LandRover claimed in previous press releases that the new Ingenium engine is much lighter (up to 80kg) than the former 2.2 diesel unit. The technical spec however now shows the exact same weight of 1,775kg for the 2.0 TD4 Ingenium 5 seater. How come?

- Press release in Word stated TD4 2.0 base diesel to have 150PS yet Tech Spec in Excel states 160PS. (RR Evoque tech spec also states 118KW power) Typo?

- RR Evoque tech details state max torque to be at 1,500rpm while Discovery Sport press release states 1,750rpm. Surely it is the same engine?

- Opting for the same ZF 9 speed automatic increases CO2 by 9gr from 125gr to 134gr on the Evoque; as a result the automatic is also less fuel efficient (logically). Now reading the DS MY2016 press release, only 1 level of CO2 is stated at 129gr CO2. Surely that is the number for the 6speed manual?

- Similarly would like to know the difference in MPG for 6speed manual versus 9speed automatic. RR Evoque press release does show that the automatic is less efficient

In short, I find the attention to detail and mistakes made in the press release disappointing

·
Registered
829 Posts
One more example of the lack of care by the Marketing department is this passage on page 16 of the press release:

"In fact, two separate rear architectures have been independently developed, allowing both five- and seven-seat derivatives to be offered with a spare wheel without impacting on luggage volume. Discovery Sport is 80mm longer than the Range Rover Evoque, and all of the increase is contained within the wheelbase."

Actually, the Discovery Sport is 24cm longer than the RR Evoque and not just the quoted 8cm longer wheelbase. I noted some websites using now your wrongly supplied information indicating that there isn't much between the DS and Evoque. Surely not the message you want to broadcast...

·
Registered
208 Posts
KaikouraDiscoSport said:
Pete, to add to the questions regarding the MY2016 spec I would like to know:

- LandRover claimed in previous press releases that the new Ingenium engine is much lighter (up to 80kg) than the former 2.2 diesel unit. The technical spec however now shows the exact same weight of 1,775kg for the 2.0 TD4 Ingenium 5 seater. How come?

- Press release in Word stated TD4 2.0 base diesel to have 150PS yet Tech Spec in Excel states 160PS. (RR Evoque tech spec also states 118KW power) Typo?

- RR Evoque tech details state max torque to be at 1,500rpm while Discovery Sport press release states 1,750rpm. Surely it is the same engine?

- Opting for the same ZF 9 speed automatic increases CO2 by 9gr from 125gr to 134gr on the Evoque; as a result the automatic is also less fuel efficient (logically). Now reading the DS MY2016 press release, only 1 level of CO2 is stated at 129gr CO2. Surely that is the number for the 6speed manual?

- Similarly would like to know the difference in MPG for 6speed manual versus 9speed automatic. RR Evoque press release does show that the automatic is less efficient

In short, I find the attention to detail and mistakes made in the press release disappointing
Sorry, you have been saying all along how much better this new motor is going to be and it doesn't seem to be the case

·
Registered
829 Posts
Hi Pete,

Found a few additional mistakes in the marketing material for the MY2016 DS:

- page 54 of the UK brochure states that the "style 902 Diamond Turned Alloys" are the only wheel available on the Manual TD4 while it is actually only available as a no-cost option for the top of the range HSE luxury

- small typo: page 31 above step 4 states "view engines" guess that should say "view wheels"

These are minor issues but hope you can comment on my earlier post with mistakes in global MY2016 press release...

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

I have taken the opportunity to pass your comments and feedback to our Global Marketing and Press team. As a global brand there are times where options, features and specifications are commented on that are not offered to all markets or available on all derivatives, however it is important that the information we are publishing is accurate.

If anyone has concerns with an inaccuracies, can you please feel free to PM me directly with the link to the source and the concern and I would be happy to highlight this to the relevant team to ensure that it is addressed accordingly.

Many thanks,
Pete

1 - 13 of 13 Posts