Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just got a call from my garage saying I would be getting the new Black Edition HSE delivered Late September instead of the HSE with Black Pack that I signed for on the order form. Which is fine. Same spec!

I note however the HSE Black Edition is List price £34,220.83 (Ex Vat ) whilst my Invoice shows HSE + Black pack costing more.....

Has the price dropped and if so am I entitled to this difference ?

Thoughts ?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Edinburgh,

When I ordered mine I wanted a HSE with Black Pack and during the haggling process the salesman went off to "see his boss about what they could do". When he came back he apologised and said that there was a new model he had forgotten about - the HSE Black. Cheaper price and began to bring the cost down to where we wanted it to be.

I would say that you are in a strong position to ask the question and would hope that the dealer would have you pay the lower price. I assume you've only paid a deposit thus far and that the rest is to pay on delivery - which is of a different model to that which you ordered. So, lower price. When I bought the other half's engagement ring, years ago, the price of diamonds had fallen by the time the ring arrived and I paid a lower price to that which was ordered. Same with pre-order stuff on Amazon too. Can't see how this would be any different and it would leave your relationship a bit strained with your dealer if they didn't honour the new price for a new model.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Thanks. Your point is well made: "I assume you've only paid a deposit thus far and that the rest is to pay on delivery - which is of a different model to that which you ordered. So, lower price."

Am off to ask..I'll post outcome.

·
Registered
562 Posts
If the price is less for the Black Edition, then that is the price you will pay. The final invoice will confirm this. A franchise dealer cannot sell a new car for more than list, nor would they.

Relax!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked the T&C's and absolutely they say your correct (they must offer the difference if RRP falls) and or I can cancel without penalty.

Now....pop quiz....anyone know if the original Black Pack option (not the new HSE Black edition) included Privacy Glass ?

·
Registered
796 Posts
The privacy glass was not part of the black pack when I ordered my DS

·
Registered
53 Posts
My early HSE + black pack + privacy glass came to £41,245 OTR.
Current HSE Black edition (extras included) is listed at £41,250 OTR.

Maybe they put the prices up after I'd ordered but from memory, I don't think they did (well not more than the fiver difference anyway) so to me, the price has remained the same.

@Edinburgh, are you comparing the OTR price on your invoice to the new list price + VAT? If so, you'll need to add the OTR costs (£185) to the latter to compare like for like.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.