Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I wondered if there were any known issues or concerns with the new P250 engines?
I am looking to replace my 2018 D180 HSE later this year. Whilst my vehicle was in for a service last month I had a P250 SE Evoque on loan and was very impressed by the power and refinement of that engine and power train.
I dont do huge mileage any more so although the fuel costs would still be less with the diesel version, I am very tempted by the smoothness and power of the P250.
Anyone had any problems or issues with this engine in either a DS or a Velar??
Thanks.

·
Administrator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
705 Posts
Landrover does not sell Diesel in North America or Australia, so that must say something.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've had a 2021 DS P250 SE for over a year now and like you just love the smoothness and power of this engine. However if you're looking for economy don't buy this engine, I get about 20 to 22 mpg on short local journeys and perhaps 30mpg on motorway trips.
But I have to say I haven't had a single issue with the car and it's not been near a Dealer since the car was delivered January 2021.

·
Registered
447 Posts
20 - 22 mpg around town sounds fair. My D180 only managed 24mpg around town in summer and worse in winter, the D240 s probably in the 22mpg range around town.
Motorway driving on the other hand is a completely different ball game, driven slowly the D240 will beat 55mpg, driven quickly or in traffic 28mpg is normal.

Petrol cars have been given a bad rep over fuel economy for years, when diesels were non-turbo they were very economical and totally gutless. Bolt on a turbo and use the available power :) and they will get towards petrol economy.

If you don't do the mileage, don't buy any modern diesel, the hoops required to get the emmissions to Euro 6 make the exhaust architecture too complicated and therefore unreliable / expensive to maintain.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
If you are looking to buy new the choice is very limited at present. AFAIK Land Rover are only taking orders for the hybrid and the D160 (some dealers will only take orders for the former). And the waiting list even for those is loooong.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi had the 250se for 2.5 years great to drive and no faults yes fuel consumption 25 ish for short journeys 30 to 34 for motorway but no adblue and petrol is 20p. L cheaper currently

·
Registered
510 Posts
Had my MY2020 P250 HSE since intro in September 2019, and it's fabulous to drive, very comfortable, quiet and powerful. Fuel consumption very similar to 'lodgic' above. 34+ on 250 mile motorway trips, 26-29 on 30 mile A/B road runs and 20-25 pottering around locally (hilly) in urban/suburban traffic. First service at 2yrs was £335 at my supplying dealer, much less than service plan charges. Just due 1st MOT in September and 2nd service in September 2023. Can definitely recommend this engine.

Wouldn't/couldn't go near a diesel with my low mileage, though my previous 2.2 SD4 HSE was also excellent.

Reactions: County

·
Registered
896 Posts
If you mean to have full LR warranty during ownership then I think the p300e is probs the best choice ( once they get the niggles sorted)
If you have easy home plug in facility and you regularly do up to 30 miles daily, then you could be quids in with fuel costs especially as fuel costs spiral upwards!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
According to the LR website, they are ONLY taking orders for the PHEV at the moment. I've ordered a D165 and the dealer hasn't even been able to put the order in yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts