Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I'm a new member to this forum and decided to get involved after taking delivery of my new LR550 DS last week.
Having owned three other LR products (Disco 4 and 2 Evoque's) and 8 Jaguar's after many years of driving BMW's, I cannot believe how good my new car is!
Ok - it's a bit pricey, but then my HSE Lux auto has literally everything on it including 20" wheel upgrade, Santorini black metallic paint, rear privacy glass, ivory windsor leather and service pack.
Whilst my car has a 2.2d engine, it's not as bad as motoring critics make out.
I understand my car to be part of the final 2.2d UK RHD vehicles put into production, so perhaps it's something special in its own right?!
However, by buying a 2.2d I managed to save in excess of 10% on the car through Grange Land Rover, Swindon.
Great car so far... Would thoroughly recommend!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
10% is a good saving on a new model, i would have been pleased with that.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm really impressed with the LR Incontrol app!
Here's a snippet from a recent journey...
In ECO mode I got over 40 mpg from a 2.2d engine with less than 350 miles on the clock.
Not bad going for a car with a gross weight of over 2.5T!

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hi 82TLT, welcome, and the journey you showed is local to me. In another post you said you bought it from Swindon and got an excellent discount. Does that mean that the dealer local to Plymouth (Roger Young) didn't offer you a good deal? Unless you're just visiting down here in the Plymouth area.

Your DS should easily give you 40+ mpg out of town and about 37.5 mpg on short journeys. Enjoy! (I do). :D

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi xxtrail
Thanks for the message.
I called around dealers in Devon and Cornwall but was told no stock available and certainly no discounts would be offered.
Grange had recently taken over TH White of Royal Wootton Bassett and managed to crack the deal.
I paid £40k for a £45.5k car - including options, service pack, mudflaps, paint protection and full tank of juice!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.