Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new user guide on Topix for the 2016 DS has a section on Gesture Tailgate (p13).

Wiggle your foot under the rear bumper and the tailgate opens and closes...

A new feature for all or another market/model dependant item?

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
A good feature but it seems still no button on the boot to lock the car, you still have to go to one of the doors after closing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
philn said:
A good feature but it seems still no button on the boot to lock the car, you still have to go to one of the doors after closing.
Unless you have already locked the car, open then closing the boot will re-lock it.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
The Ford Kuga has this if i remember . lets hope it still opens slowly, in case it chins someone waggling there foot :)

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Chazman88 said:
philn said:
Unless you have already locked the car, open then closing the boot will re-lock it.
Quite right Chazman, being an angler I pull up and then open boot from inside, I then go to boot, remove my tackle close boot and then go to door to lock.
The other option I have is to pull up, get out of car and lock, open boot using button and then close boot.

Other cars I have had with electric tailgate had a button on the outside of tailgate to lock car.

Not a big deal but would be a nice to have.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Both DevonDisco, I am secretary of Ringwood angling club. Difficult at moment due to low water levels at least that's the excuse I am using at the moment!.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.