Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newcomer to Land Rover having been in the cockpit of several makes of German car over the last 25 years.
Being perfectly honest, without the off road ability that LR vehicles possess , after my first visit to my local dealer Lancaster of Welwyn, I would have returned to BMW and ordered an X3. Lancaster cancelled my test drive 15 mins after the appointed time and I told them I would not darken their doors again.
On the advice of LR i phoned Grange of Barnet who offered a test drive the next day.
Following the test drive I placed an order and gave a deposit of £2k, only for the dealer to muck the order up. Subsequently I signed off the order on 22nd February, like most of the subscribers to this forum the sale an suddenly went on the missing list when I enquired about delivery. Eventually I got hold of him and he advised me August/September!

With the benefit of hindsight I should probably placed my order with a dealer with several points of sale. I shouldn't be taken in by first impressions and go straight to a multi dealership franchise, avoid one offs.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome Rugbynut. Sorry to hear about your experience there. I too have spend the 15 years in products of Germany (BMW then Merc) before coming to LR; though I fear it is possible to have a bad experience with a dealer representing any manufacturer's products. My own experience with BMW was OK, a friend's (when on his 2nd 5 series) had such a run-around that he is an 'anything but BMW' owner now (and on his 3rd Disco at present - the car one before the current one was the bad BMW experience).

Many on this forum seem to have ordered after you and have forecast delivery dates very much earlier than you are being told - so perhaps you are not getting the correct answer there? Some have clearly had great dealer experiences with the small one-off dealerships, others appear to have less than perfect experiences with the big multi-branch guys. So perhaps it 'just depends'...

·
Registered
829 Posts
Manufactured from August onwards is MY2016 with new engines and spec available!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Union

I am a season ticket holder at Saracens, this afternoon we won the LV cup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts