Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I am new to the Land Rover world as I recently bought my first P250s Discovery Sport. The car has little under 4000km and there are some problems I would like to address and, hopefully, find their solutions within your comunity as the only reactions I've got from the official Romanian repair shops were head scratches.

The car is a pleasure to drive regardless of the environment (city / highway / offroad) . The only problem is the fuel consumption that, in my opinion, is exagerated and by this I mean double the official statements. Driving like the most bored and relaxed grandpa I've managed to achieve a fuel (un)efficency of 17-18l/100km across town and 15l/100km on the highway (at 80mph). Apart from that, after a complete refuel (67l) the trip computer presents a staggering range 200km to empty. Another unusual behaviour (in my opinion) is that the gearbox shifts to high in some situations - on a mild throttle push it revs up to 3500-4000 rpm. I really think something is off. Any thoughts on this? Has anyone dealt with this kind of behavior?

Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello!

I am new to the Land Rover world as I recently bought my first P250s Discovery Sport. The car has little under 4000km and there are some problems I would like to address and, hopefully, find their solutions within your comunity as the only reactions I've got from the official Romanian repair shops were head scratches.

The car is a pleasure to drive regardless of the environment (city / highway / offroad) . The only problem is the fuel consumption that, in my opinion, is exagerated and by this I mean double the official statements. Driving like the most bored and relaxed grandpa I've managed to achieve a fuel (un)efficency of 17-18l/100km across town and 15l/100km on the highway (at 80mph). Apart from that, after a complete refuel (67l) the trip computer presents a staggering range 200km to empty. Another unusual behaviour (in my opinion) is that the gearbox shifts to high in some situations - on a mild throttle push it revs up to 3500-4000 rpm. I really think something is off. Any thoughts on this? Has anyone dealt with this kind of behavior?

Thank you!

·
Administrator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
705 Posts
Are you using the figures from the car computer or using a pencil and paper to get your results?

·
Administrator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
705 Posts
My fuel economy trip meter is out an average of 19%.. It was 14% out but I had injectors all changed as they where leaking and I did get much better fuel economy. The meter showed even better afterwards LOL.

Have your dealer check the fuel system

1 - 6 of 6 Posts