Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just traded my RR Evoque in at the dealership this weekend

Bad news...

Due to demand for (Ed4) 2.0 Ingenium engines and launch of both Jaguar XE and MY2016 Evoque which WILL get the new 2.0 (Ed4) Ingenium engine, the Land Rover Discovery Sport with Ingenium engine will not be produced till late November 2015. My dealer has been informed that all deliveries in The Netherlands which were due September 2015 are now at least delayed till January 2016...

What is the news about 2.0 Ingenium DS deliveries in other countries?

Do any of the insiders know more?

Disappointed! (and now driving my wife's VW UP as our family car...)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Really sorry to hear your car's been delayed by so long.

This is exactly why (and please, KaikouraDiscoSport, don't think I'm saying, "I told you so" because I'm really not) I ignored all the press furore over the new engines, I just knew something like this would happen.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they're not delayed again at some stage, the company as a whole will always put the needs of the business ahead of the poor old customers on the waiting list!

A tried and trusted engine that's available now will always be a safer bet than the promise of something better 'somewhere' down the line!

·
Registered
562 Posts
My 2.2SD4 is v quiet & refined (from inside at least :))

·
Registered
677 Posts
And I thought my additional weeks wait was bad :eek:

There still no news at the moment when the DS will get the Ingenium engine.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Due to NL tax/CO2 rules causing Ed4 2WD to be EUR 8,500 cheaper than TD4 4WD, we were likely one of the first markets to get the Ed4 Ingenium engines. Seems Range Rover and Jaguar customers are more important...

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
KaikouraDiscoSport said:
Disappointed! (and now driving my wife's VW UP as our family car...)
The height of reliability don't knock it :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts