1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Nice find DiscoDave!

·
Registered
54 Posts
This link has been circulating here. Plus there is a reference from the owners manual to www.landrover.com/map-updates/incontrol-touch/ that redirects to the same page at Naviextras.
I have attempted to update by maps few weeks ago and it said there are no updates to my map.
I was hoping there is an update available that will show city names, after I read some of us had it fixed with an update. No luck. Have to do it via the dealership.

Anyone else tried yet? Any updates available to you?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
No free updates. Does that mean there are non-free ones?

Anyone know how often they actually released updates?

My Garmin maps are updated a couple of times a year.

The "Becker" unit in her Merc, so the forums tell me, get updates only every three years or so.

Anyone know if the LR system is based on any of the major brands or is all their own work?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I read that it's NavTek or something

·
Registered
381 Posts
Lofi said:
I read that it's NavTek or something
They are Navtec which are now known as Here Maps.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Navteq/Here has long been owned by Nokia but was just recently sold to some German car manufacturers.
I hope that will not affect the later updates on JLR cars.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
IluH said:
Navteq/Here has long been owned by Nokia but was just recently sold to some German car manufacturers.
I hope that will not affect the later updates on JLR cars.
The German companies involved (Daimler, Audi and BMW) are more interested in the highly accurate mapping from Here for their future venture into driverless vehicles and not so much in taking over the technology for the standard SatNav systems.

G

·
Has anyone used this program to update the maps? I have tried and the software recognises the sd card and now has an arrow pointing down and states "free updates".....that's it... Left it for a couple of hours thinking it might be downloading, but it's hard to tell. Might leave it overnight.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Any luck?

G

·
No luck. Just stayed on the page with free updates next to an arrow pointing down. No other message to say what you do even if you wanted to buy an upgrade. The car is booked in with dealer on 17 Sep for the back seat fix and a drive software update. I notice that the in control update that was available is no longer on the system.

I will ask about the sat nav update then, unless I can drop in before then.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is a great site for updating the actual mapping database, however, the satnav is probably the worst I've ever had the displeasure to use. It is certainly a retrograde step from previous JLR systems. Hopefully, It appears from my conversation with LR technical team on the subject that they are aware (and more so now) of many of the issues and, so they say, there will be an upgrade for all in the coming months.

Finger's crossed!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yippee!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.