Discovery Sport Forum banner
481 - 488 of 488 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Much to my amazement, the process of updating to the version released in July 22 was painless, if expensive.
We've had our 2016 Discovery since new and I fail to understand why LR have insisted on charging for updates throughout warranty. We also had a service plan but map updates weren't covered.
LR post sales support has been consistently below expectations and does not encourage me to buy LR again.

·
Registered
2.0 SD4 240 HSE Dynamic Luxury
4 Posts
I had a new Jaguar in 2020 that had free map updates during warranty. And there was a new map every 3 month. Due to the family growing unfortunately I needed something more spacious. All the newer systems the pro and now the pivi are free updates.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I downloaded the latest update "Map of Europe & Russia 31.4.11782", but I did not update it straight away. After going back to Home and clicking on Update Map, I could only select the version 26.3.9908. I installed that one and now the Update Map button is greyed out. How can I install the latest update that I bought? If I click again on Buy Updates I get the message "You already have the latest available map data.", but when I check the Nav settings it shows the old version.

Thanks for your help!

J

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi jimifire,

I do the same, buy the update but after selecting countries, nothing have been downloaded / installed.
Now when i launch Incontrol Touch Map Updater and select update map it try to update the version 26.1.9780 that do nothing when i launch it.
And after this, when i go back to my car, it's always the old version...

did you find a solution ?

i've tried some change in SD card file, also reset my SD card from an image backup done before the first update in 2020, but nothing better....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi JcAspes,

I managed to update it by using a different laptop. Maybe it would also work by uninstalling and reinstalling the updater on the same laptop, but I haven't tried...

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I updated yesterday to the new 2022 InControl touch on my 2018 Disco sport, and it has now added my housing estate built 3 years ago. so I'm defiantly happy. do miss the InControl pro I had in the Jag before still.
I hd a loaner DS which only had Incontrol. It's bloody horrible compared with InControl Pro, chalk & cheese.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi JcAspes,

I managed to update it by using a different laptop. Maybe it would also work by uninstalling and reinstalling the updater on the same laptop, but I haven't tried...
Hi,
Thank you for your response, I already tried to uninstall/reinstall but not better.
I will try from an other computer, it's a good idea !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi JcAspes,

Hi @jimifire, installing "InControl Touch Map Updater" on an othre computer solved my problem, certainly some bad or currupted info are stored on registry...
Just one thing strange, when I've selected update map it displayed update to version 26.3.9908. Then After downloading, the version in dbinfo file was correctly set to 31.4.11782...

Thank a lot for your workaround !

JC

481 - 488 of 488 Posts