Discovery Sport Forum banner
461 - 480 of 488 Posts

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Bogrover said:
Came across a website today, https://gpsmapapp.com/

Using their chat link I was told they had a map update for my 2016 Disco Sport. Minutes later I had a phone call from their New York agent offering to install the full update on my laptop at a cost of £3. It was so cheap because LR supply free lifetime updates with new cars, they said. They wanted to link into my laptop there and then to install the update. The link would expire in 5 minutes so I had to act immediately!!!

Well, why would I doubt them? Why would I feel a but suspicious?

Anyone else come across these guys?
Sounds like a scam all day long!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dashnine said:
Bogrover said:
Came across a website today, https://gpsmapapp.com/

Using their chat link I was told they had a map update for my 2016 Disco Sport. Minutes later I had a phone call from their New York agent offering to install the full update on my laptop at a cost of £3. It was so cheap because LR supply free lifetime updates with new cars, they said. They wanted to link into my laptop there and then to install the update. The link would expire in 5 minutes so I had to act immediately!!!

Well, why would I doubt them? Why would I feel a but suspicious?

Anyone else come across these guys?
Sounds like a scam all day long!
I agree, I would go by "if it seems to good to be true" I wouldn't give someone who contacts me out of the blue access to my pc under any circumstances.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Two red lights there
You are giving someone access to your credit card and trusting that they will only take £3 rather than £3,000.

Secondly you are giving them access to your laptop where they can grab your login and password details for email banking or anything else that they like.

Free map updates for life - from Land Rover, they would charge extra for the air in the tyres if they could 😳

Reactions: RPR

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Yes the whole offer had a bit of a stink about it. Just interested to know if anyone else had come across this crowd.

Does anyone have a link for a reliable map update provider?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Bogrover said:
Does anyone have a link for a reliable map update provider?
http://landrovershop.here.com is where I am redirected when I go to download updates for my 2020 DS. This is the North American site, not sure if it will work if you are from the UK.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,

I need to update my IntouchConrol on a 2017 discovery sport that have never been updated.

Actually in my SD the version is JLRNLIFC6EU;HMEU26.1.9780 so by reading this post, a map from Q1 2016.

In Map Updater when i click on buy an update it only allow me to select "Carte de Europe & Russie 26.3.9908"

This version is not the latest one and cost 112€.
What do i need to do to be able to get the latest 28.4.10727 Sept 2019 (2018 Q4) or newer if there is one. do i need to buy each version up to the last one ? or if I pay now for the 26.3.9908 version I will receive the last one ?

thank you for your help !
JC

·
Registered
616 Posts
Hello!

If I set the language of my map updater app to French then I am offered the same version as you. Setting it back to English and restarting the app, I am offered the final ever version of 28.4.10727.

Setting any other language and I am offered 28.4.10727.

So possibly a bug in the updater app? The maps are the same and the difference is the language of the app and the payment currency so maybe buy it in English if you can? Not sure if that means that the voices will also be in English though?!

You can try contacting Land Rover and asking?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Your right @sanbox ! thank you!
I changed the language and the correct last map version is displayed, hum certainly a translation error

Now the last question... should i buy this version or wait for a new one ? did a new one will be published soon ?

·
Registered
616 Posts
JcAspes said:
Your right @sanbox ! thank you!
I changed the language and the correct last map version is displayed, hum certainly a translation error

Now the last question... should i buy this version or wait for a new one ? did a new one will be published soon ?
28.4.10727 was released in approx Sept 2019 and we were reliably informed that was the last ever map update.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh... last version for a 4 year car... it's sad!
Did there some method to install free maps to be able to have updated road ?
My old garmin small GPS from 2007 is always updated... wy landrover do this ? pfff

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
JcAspes said:
Oh... last version for a 4 year car... it's sad!
Did there some method to install free maps to be able to have updated road ?
My old garmin small GPS from 2007 is always updated... wy landrover do this ? pfff
Or even the last map update for a 2 year old car as ICT was sold up to mid 2019.

Not sure why Naviextras can't keep updating the maps as that's effectively where we're getting the updates from, just with LR branding.

Unless ICT was a unique system for JLR with custom map adaptations, or it's Naviextras legacy system then as it's been dropped we're done for.

·
Banned
74 Posts
Might be worth digging around and see what other manufacturers maps will work on the Land Rover system.

I remember years back when Jaguar stopped supporting one of their nav systems, but you could still buy Subaru/Volvo maps on DVD that worked fine for years after. Appreciate the game has moved on since then, but should imagine that something similar still exists out there. It's finding out who makes the head unit and the original maps, and cross referencing it back. I daresay it's do'able though

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hopefully someone will work out the work around and post on here :cool:

·
Registered
616 Posts
The InControl Touch NLI head unit is manufactured by Harman Automotive. The maps are produced by NaviExtras. The maps are linked to your car via VIN when you go to update the maps. There are a number of licence files (.lyc) including the licence code used to buy the maps (or a prepaid code for the original maps) and it appears all the files are MD5 hashed. There are also a few licence files that relate to the actual hardware head unit. This is referred to as Harman Opennav.

It might be difficult to copy the map files from one SD card to another whilst ensuring the license files all work and without voiding all the MD5 hashes. You could try and re-hash and then update the Navigation_md5.txt file ...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes i've seen all these files / md5, it's seem hard to hack but I will be motivated to test.
But where can we find data more recent that the last one published for our model... this is the question ?

Hum, i will try to contact NaviExtras, this is "planned obsolescence" for me, they must give us a solution, free or not.

In a way, the car that is named discovery, so no need of maps :lol:

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
I just use Waze now on my phone via an air vent holder. It's far more capable than ICT, maybe most inbuilt systems. Actually I don't just use Waze, I usually have ICT running as well, plus my internal 'You must be joking if you think I'm going down there to save 10 seconds journey time' navigation system.

It's like a modern fly by wire aeroplane, three SatNav systems and consensus wins!

·
Registered
616 Posts
New maps are now available for the InControl Touch SD card system.

31.4.11782 Released July 2022 (data from 2021 Q4)

More info here:

Full history of updates below.

JLRNLIFC6EU;HMEEU2014Q1;20140828) (2014 Q1) Original ~2015
25.3.9550 Sept 2016 (2015 Q3)
26.1.9780 Feb 2017 (2016 Q1)
26.3.9908 June 2017 (2016 Q3)
27.1.10033 Sept 2018 (2017 Q1)
27.3.10292 Dec 2018 (2017 Q3)
28.1.10507 May 2019 (2018 Q1)
28.4.10727 Sept 2019 (2018 Q4)
31.4.11782 July 2022 (2021 Q4)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Installed today. Easy to install but a bit pricey at £97.
Thanks for the list of updates. Q4 2021 is not bad for the maps. Don't know of any newer roads but it does have the A14 Huntingdon bypass (2020?)

·
Registered
2.0 SD4 240 HSE Dynamic Luxury
4 Posts
I updated yesterday to the new 2022 InControl touch on my 2018 Disco sport, and it has now added my housing estate built 3 years ago. so I'm defiantly happy. do miss the InControl pro I had in the Jag before still.

461 - 480 of 488 Posts